Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:29 AM

99 posts, read 189,963 times

Advertisements

Here are some photos of the complex. Anyone have interior shots? I heard the apartments were BIG inside. Anyone live there and know if there are any washers/dryers inside? Any other tips for the neighborhood?
Attached Thumbnails
Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1641.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1648.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1656.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1661.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1666.jpg  

Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1667.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1673.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1636.jpg   Concourse Village, Bronx, 161st & Morris-img_1637.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 12:13 PM

128 posts, read 115,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieNYC View Post
Here are some photos of the complex. Anyone have interior shots? I heard the apartments were BIG inside. Anyone live there and know if there are any washers/dryers inside? Any other tips for the neighborhood?
I been living there for 2 years 1 bedroom with balcony (no sharing) $18,000 paid $5000 up front and the rest was paid 36 installments no interest. My maintenance is approx $1050 includes $20 for A/C and $100 surcharge for making $100,000 and yes we have a laundry room I work around 145 st and Lennox in Manhattan and I work all types of hours so I walk home at all types of hours no issues at all the area is ratchet but I could care less I take the train at all times at night. the precinct is in the station just be aware of your surroundings.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Wow, these are great pictures. How big are the bedrooms and living room? You must have a nice view from that balcony. What are the people like who live there? I know you mentioned the neighborhood is rachet, but what about inside the actual Concourse Village complex itself? Are your neighbors friendly? Singles? Families? Good mix of people?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:36 AM

128 posts, read 115,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieNYC View Post
Wow, these are great pictures. How big are the bedrooms and living room? You must have a nice view from that balcony. What are the people like who live there? I know you mentioned the neighborhood is rachet, but what about inside the actual Concourse Village complex itself? Are your neighbors friendly? Singles? Families? Good mix of people?

My whole apt is about 700 sq ft living room is small but bedroom is big. My view is towards the parking lot which I prefer so when I get my parking spot ( long ass waiting list) I can see it from the balcony. Apartments cost more if you live on the west and if you live on a higher floor . its all black and latino with a pinch of white people, families and singles like myself, my neighbors are cool.
its basically a middle class working complex. 90% of the people that bought in 50 years ago Im sure they still own so what you see is the grand kids and great grand kids great great grand kids lol

Old 07-29-2017, 09:42 AM

If anyone else lives in Concourse Village, how would you describe the area? Is it safe to walk around at night? I have read on other threads about the problems with the projects around the building near the East Side with robberies, etc. It was an old thread from 2010, so I am curious if the area has changed in 7 years. Especially now since the new Yankee Stadium is there, and the South Bronx is supposedly the "hot new place". How have you seen the area evolve over the years?

Old 07-29-2017, 01:02 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,138 times
It's weird.. the carrying charges seem to be a bit more than many other Mitchell lama co-ops. I don't like that the grounds in concourse village are just a parking lot. Seems very dismal

Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
If anybody is interested, if you go on Google Street Views, somebody did a sphere of one of the lobbies. Looks clean but hasn't been updated in decades - typicial Mitchell-Lama. Not saying that there's anything bad about not being updated in years, but with M-L, that's par for the course.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-28-2018, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,143 times
Default wait time

Quote:
Originally Posted by prgordo View Post
I been living there for 2 years 1 bedroom with balcony (no sharing) $18,000 paid $5000 up front and the rest was paid 36 installments no interest. My maintenance is approx $1050 includes $20 for A/C and $100 surcharge for making $100,000 and yes we have a laundry room I work around 145 st and Lennox in Manhattan and I work all types of hours so I walk home at all types of hours no issues at all the area is ratchet but I could care less I take the train at all times at night. the precinct is in the station just be aware of your surroundings.

Hi...I sent in my application for this location. How long did you have to wait after you initially sent yours in? Thanks in advance...

Old 12-28-2018, 11:43 PM

23 posts, read 36,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephmeca View Post
Hi...I sent in my application for this location. How long did you have to wait after you initially sent yours in? Thanks in advance...
Good luck to you. I was on the waiting list a little over 2 years before i purchased mine and it was not a good experience due to my lack of knowledge of signing and paying in full without seeing the apartment.

My advice to you is when your time comes go for the West Side of the complex facing South or West and make sure you are on a floor higher than 13 or your view will just be other buildings especially since they are putting up new buildings along side Concourse Village West across from the school where the parking lots use to be. To see over them you must be higher than 13. The West is slightly better as it distances you from the Metro North train that runs along side Park Avenue and like to blast the horn at all hours of the night even though there isnt a railroad crossing. I was told 773 on the East side is the only building that have an elevator that goes down into the underground parking lot but its closer to the train (noise) but offer way better views if you are high enough to see over Jackson, Melrose, Patterson and Millbrook projects you will have the view of the Whitestone bridge all the way to Jersey.

Also insect your apartment before paying.
Make sure the paint matches as one Hispanic guy came to paint during my 10 day move in period to correct all that was wrong that i pointed out and completed messed up my the paint, the paint on the closet doors are a gloss finish and the paint on the walls are a flat finish and he tried to do "touch up paint" on the closet doors and messed them up by putting the flat wall paint on the gloss closet doors. The walls were also were not completely painted where you can clearly see old paint VS new paint and i dont even want to get started on the many hairline cracks in the paint that needs to be scraped off, plastered, sanded an painted over. All this will take time out of your life but once you are in you are in! When you move in it will be allot of fixing little things here and there but it will look good once you are done.

I have a 1 Bedroom with shared balcony which is the B and the M line and its big. Think full king size bedroom set (Bed, 2 Nightstands, Dresser and the Chest, and you will still have 2 - 3 feet minimum of walking space in a U shape around the bed). The bathroom is a little smaller than i like due to i cannot fit a laundry basket in there and have room to walk around but its remodeled with base cabinet under the sink, new tub, new toilet, new sink, etc.

Bedroom 12'7" X 12'1"
Living room 20'6" X 11'
Dining Room 8'1" X 7'6"
Balcony 30' X 6'

Old 12-29-2018, 12:01 PM

26 posts, read 159,236 times
Overall, the South Bronx isn’t great, but there are definitely areas that are better than others! As long as you have a supermarket in the area, you will be ok!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery