Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,844,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlch View Post
Does anyone know what is the limits on personal assets? Long time ago it was 200K
it is equal to the income limit for a household of 4 for your bracket. so for this building, $54,360. this excludes retirement and certain college savings accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM

91 posts, read 178,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
it is equal to the income limit for a household of 4 for your bracket. so for this building, $54,360. this excludes retirement and certain college savings accounts.
im sorry i didn't get it, my household is 2

Old 02-12-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
im sorry i didn't get it, my household is 2
regardless of the size of your household, the asset limit is equal to the income limit for a household of 4

Old 02-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Oh I think I got it, and over here its $45,300 ?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-launches.html

Old 02-12-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Oh I think I got it, and over here its $45,300 ?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-launches.html
Yes or $36,240, depending on your income bracket.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Yes or $36,240, depending on your income bracket.
Wow this is crazy. So they basically want to get poor people? My savings account is much higher then that but what they expect? Im 47 years old and saved some money for my baby, Does it mean that I have to be poor to live in NYC?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:23 AM

95 posts, read 342,819 times
Hi,

Just trying to revive this thread.

Re: Breaking ground, they are effing up big time. I applied to the 535w43 project and had to appeal based on my income, same process, you get 10 days and you have to send supporting documentation, which I did. A week passed by and I didn't hear from them. I emailed them and was told that they had not received my appeal letter, not true, I live half a block away from where their office is. The person told me that I'd hear back from them as soon as they received my letter.

Well, I kept following up with them and nothing until the fourth time I reached out to them, which was about a month from sending the letter, I was told "Oh we just received it today." Really? and let me go with "You will receive a decision in the mail soon." So a week later I get a letter from them saying that they had a large amount of applicants and that I had been placed on a waiting list, when I questioned this, I was told all the units had been filled, not true either, because the tenant selection process is still going. I was suppose to get a letter saying the specific reason as to why my appeal process did not continue. They are not following the guidelines, if you feel they have not followed the rules with you, please, please I urge you to contact HPD. I did and they are reviewing my file.

Below is a link that the developers/agents should be following. Please familiarize yourselves with it.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Below the link for contacting HPD regarding complaints among other things.

HPD - About - Contact Us

Send email to the address below specifically for compliance related complaints:

hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov

Is Breaking Ground doing the leasing for 435w31? I know they are for 555ten and the American Copper.

Has anyone been called to interview for 435? My log number is in the 20,000's and I have CB preference, now if the leasing agent is Breaking Ground and my file is being reviewed, then I can see them shredding my application...

Thanks and good luck!

Old 03-04-2017, 12:00 PM

207 posts, read 355,702 times
The agent that I've been dealing with at Breaking Ground has been very professional and responsive. However I guess that varies since they have many marketing agents .

It is very important to know the marketing guidelines in and out, as everything has to be done by the book .

Good luck with your appeal.. if they clearly did not go according to the guidelines then you have a good chance of HPD overturning.. you need to be very specific in the appeal and even copy-paste from the handbook if needed .

Old 03-04-2017, 12:05 PM

99 posts, read 168,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Hi,

Just trying to revive this thread.

Re: Breaking ground, they are effing up big time. I applied to the 535w43 project and had to appeal based on my income, same process, you get 10 days and you have to send supporting documentation, which I did. A week passed by and I didn't hear from them. I emailed them and was told that they had not received my appeal letter, not true, I live half a block away from where their office is. The person told me that I'd hear back from them as soon as they received my letter.

Well, I kept following up with them and nothing until the fourth time I reached out to them, which was about a month from sending the letter, I was told "Oh we just received it today." Really? and let me go with "You will receive a decision in the mail soon." So a week later I get a letter from them saying that they had a large amount of applicants and that I had been placed on a waiting list, when I questioned this, I was told all the units had been filled, not true either, because the tenant selection process is still going. I was suppose to get a letter saying the specific reason as to why my appeal process did not continue. They are not following the guidelines, if you feel they have not followed the rules with you, please, please I urge you to contact HPD. I did and they are reviewing my file.

Below is a link that the developers/agents should be following. Please familiarize yourselves with it.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Below the link for contacting HPD regarding complaints among other things.

HPD - About - Contact Us

Send email to the address below specifically for compliance related complaints:

hpdcompliance@hpd.nyc.gov

Is Breaking Ground doing the leasing for 435w31? I know they are for 555ten and the American Copper.

Has anyone been called to interview for 435? My log number is in the 20,000's and I have CB preference, now if the leasing agent is Breaking Ground and my file is being reviewed, then I can see them shredding my application...

Thanks and good luck!

They are also doing it for 625 West 57th (VIA), love2live. Unfortunately, my family didn't apply for 435 West 31st because my dad still has PTSD from the World trade center 9/11 incident. Shortly after seeing the news coverage of the Chelsea bombings around that area we knew he wouldn't want to live there. The 57th/VIA lottery is more convenient for us since my family already has years of history working there. We're waiting patiently on the waiting list, even though our log# is: 9xx.

Do you think Breaking ground is reliable? I have only gotten mixed results from people that I have spoken to. Personally, they have responded to every e-mail that I sent to them in a timely fashion. Maybe they're just overwhelmed with so many buildings that they have to be efficient (time-wise)? idk. It also sounds as if it's the duty of the applicator to keep up with the status of the application. If they're overwhelmed, then maybe i'll ask my my mom/dad if they want to apply to another specific lottery because the worry of being a lost lottery number sounds imminent.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 AM

95 posts, read 342,819 times
Hi ladygaga1,

I'm not complaining about Breaking Ground's service, they were pretty good about getting back to me, but what I didn't like was that they seemed to be lying about not getting my appeal letter. It is impossible that it took four weeks for them to get it. I also did not get attachment H-7, which according to the guidelines it was the letter I was suppose to get with the specific reason as to why my appeal was denied. I was not given a legitimate response.

Are you going through the screening process for 435w31 or 555ten?

At this point I'm not concerned about getting an apartment, I just want to make sure this does not happen to another person.

Water_Nintendo64,

I am sure everyone has had a different experience with them. An aunt of mine got an apartment at 543w43, and she didn't have any complaints. I jus think in my case the process was not handled properly. I'm very sorry about your father. Are you on the waiting list for VIA or are they going through the tenant selection process? Your number is pretty low and if you have any preferences, then you will surely get called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery