Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 AM

91 posts, read 178,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2live View Post
Hi ladygaga1,

I'm not complaining about Breaking Ground's service, they were pretty good about getting back to me, but what I didn't like was that they seemed to be lying about not getting my appeal letter. It is impossible that it took four weeks for them to get it. I also did not get attachment H-7, which according to the guidelines it was the letter I was suppose to get with the specific reason as to why my appeal was denied. I was not given a legitimate response.

Are you going through the screening process for 435w31 or 555ten?

At this point I'm not concerned about getting an apartment, I just want to make sure this does not happen to another person.

Water_Nintendo64,

I am sure everyone has had a different experience with them. An aunt of mine got an apartment at 543w43, and she didn't have any complaints. I jus think in my case the process was not handled properly. I'm very sorry about your father. Are you on the waiting list for VIA or are they going through the tenant selection process? Your number is pretty low and if you have any preferences, then you will surely get called.
Thank you for submitting the links to housing complain, I will do so as well.
I have been in hell with breaking ground.

Ive been in an interview 7 months ago they were really bad in responding to emails. They responded to my emails 30 days after it was sent.
One time they emailed me and asked me for a copy of my ID and I after 30 days they asked me again, I told them I already sent it and after 3 weeks they apologize that my emails went to spam.
They told me that I schedule for lease signing in Oct then Dec then Jan... Long story short, by the time they got their sh@& together the apartment was not available anymore... The only thing they said we deal with hundreds of applicants, I do apologize for that.

I think they are overwhelmed with paperwork . Im going to complain about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 01:59 PM

125 posts, read 364,972 times
Had anyone had an interview for 435 yet? If so, how was your experience and what did they bring up in regards to the building and occupancy?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:56 PM

91 posts, read 178,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katy_perry View Post
Had anyone had an interview for 435 yet? If so, how was your experience and what did they bring up in regards to the building and occupancy?
My log number is 60k, didnt get a letter or anything from them

Old 03-09-2017, 12:38 PM

30 posts, read 67,599 times
There is an article in the AM New York newspaper today about the "Eugene" 435 W. 31th St stating the building is opening this week if anyone wants to read it. My list # is 22xxx and CB, and I have not received anything yet.

Last edited by volosong; 03-10-2017 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: edited to correct street number, (mod queue)

Old 03-09-2017, 12:55 PM

4,816 posts, read 6,696,756 times
You need to start a new thread if it's a different building.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:00 PM

125 posts, read 364,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
There is an article in the AM New York newspaper today about the "Eugene" 435 W. 34th St stating the building is opening this week if anyone wants to read it. My list # is 22xxx and CB, and I have not received anything yet.

Interesting, will look into it!

Old 03-09-2017, 01:18 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,853,044 times
He/she is talking about this building. He/she meant to say 435 West 31st Street. It's called The Eugene. Anyone called yet? This is one of the Breaking Ground buildings.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:57 PM

30 posts, read 67,599 times
Yes sorry it's was a typo, meant 435 west 31st

Old 03-09-2017, 04:12 PM

207 posts, read 356,768 times
I'm dealing with Breaking Ground on one lottery right now, the marketing agent up until this point has been super professional and responsive.
Another lottery that I'm in hasnt answered an email I sent them over 3 days ago and doesnt answer any phone calls.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:00 PM

95 posts, read 343,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evazdivaz View Post
There is an article in the AM New York newspaper today about the "Eugene" 435 W. 31th St stating the building is opening this week if anyone wants to read it. My list # is 22xxx and CB, and I have not received anything yet.
I'm also in the 2x,xxx with CB preference. Haven't heard from them either.

I'm afraid they'll remember me if they get to my application. I submitted a complaint about them. Who knows, they may just even skip me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery