Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,201,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
People cannot be counted on to vote their own interests.

Some rah-rah in the elevator said to me "WE WON." I said "Not me, I just lost a half million dollars." She looked at me with an expression that said "Gee, I never though about that."

You probably mistook that as a look of disgust about you trying to sell her out of her home, raise up her carrying charge, and force her to leave her community.

For all the rah-rah you've made on this thread, you still have no shown one thread of evidence that people's carrying charges would not go up and thus hundreds of people forced out of their community to make way for the rich

Quote:
O

My state: I have a terrific and secure housing deal, one of the best in the City. And the price I must pay is never having my own bedroom, a guest room, an office and a garden. I have to live with that.
If you don't like it then sell your apartment and move somewhere nicer.

"The price you pay"

Wow so spoiled. You benefit from subsidized social housing and are complaining the apartment is too small and you are making some sort of sacrifice.

Meanwhile millions of New Yorkers would kill to live where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 01:07 PM

25,410 posts, read 37,165,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
So I guess the question is why you haven't been saving money all the time you've been living in that terrific deal? What other people are throwing away in rent you could have been saving up for that place with the guest room and garden. What was most infuriating at Southbridge was the number of people who had second homes and therefore were secure enough to gamble with their supposedly primary residences - and mine. What is it you've been doing in your own interest since you're so keen to point out the faults of your neighbors?

How presumptious of you to assume I haven't been saving money.
I have enough in the bank to buy an average home,all cash and a credit score well over 800. But an interesting thing about savings is they can be spent only once. I would not feel secure without a few hundred G's in the bank.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 PM

6,177 posts, read 4,568,584 times
So then you CHOOSE the financial security over the guest room and garden and office. Oh, the luxury of first world problems.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
So then you CHOOSE the financial security over the guest room and garden and office. Oh, the luxury of first world problems.

Yep, and privatization would have given me both but now I must choose one or the other. I choose security.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:50 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,694,138 times
Reading this thread over I am gobsmacked at OP's greed. Has multiple hundreds of thousands in the bank and wanted a buyout. I am glad privatization went down in flames.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Reading this thread over I am gobsmacked at OP's greed. Has multiple hundreds of thousands in the bank and wanted a buyout. I am glad privatization went down in flames.

I accept what I got. I might have liked an otherwise possibility but I accept reality.

We only live once and we'd like the BEST reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery