Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 AM

994 posts, read 1,056,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
it is expensive yes but it is what it is. this will limit lot of people from applying
kinda silly they are running this for two months they should have run it for 3 weeks a month at least
Thats what Im saying. I don't know how many round two lotteries they've been in the past, but they should be half as long

Expensive? hmm, I don't have to go to Chelsea Piers to whack a few golf balls? It's how the kids say, hastag worth it!

Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:38 AM

532 posts, read 786,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Thats what Im saying. I don't know how many round two lotteries they've been in the past, but they should be half as long

Expensive? hmm, I don't have to go to Chelsea Piers to whack a few golf balls? It's how the kids say, hastag worth it!

Fingers crossed!
Yeah not a lot of CB to worry about for this one. that CB bs they always get 50%
I made the 1 bedroom and the studio one. finger crossed too

Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah not a lot of CB to worry about for this one. that CB bs they always get 50%
I made the 1 bedroom and the studio one. finger crossed too
I know all the ads say 1 bedrooms for 1 or 2 people but do single people EVER get 1 bedrooms?

Also, on another thread, someone posted the math of calculating income as something like the YTD divided by the weeks to date for a number then multiplied by the whole year. Im a salaried employee and at the end of the year, my YTD is a specific number no matter what, but if they do this calculation, the number is not the same as my salary. Whats the deal with that?

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 08-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 AM

882 posts, read 1,369,473 times
Just applied to this but not getting my hopes up! There's only 3 1 bdrm units available for my income bracket for 2 people, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring anyways. Kinda sucks that there's no 2 bdrms for the 90% ami income bracket but who knows, maybe they'll add some in the future

Old 08-11-2017, 09:16 AM

I have never seen a building where I actually prefer a studio until now! and I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I don't like the terrace studios

Last edited by MannerundKatze; 08-11-2017 at 09:26 AM..

Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I have never seen a building where I actually prefer a studio until now! and I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I don't like the terrace studios
same here, I actually would settle for a studio there and i hate studios

Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
same here, I actually would settle for a studio there and i hate studios
Little preference, no low income, this is going to be a middle income battle royale!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
The definition of affordable according to HUD is spending no more than 30% of your gross income on rent. This amounts to about 50% of your monthly take-home after-tax pay. To me this is reasonable. You live in NYC (especially Manhattan), your biggest is expense is going to be rent. You don't need a car, you don't need gas, you don't need car insurance, etc, that most people who live outside the city do. 50% of your paycheck on rent is reasonable.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
The definition of affordable according to HUD is spending no more than 30% of your gross income on rent. This amounts to about 50% of your monthly take-home after-tax pay. To me this is reasonable. You live in NYC (especially Manhattan), your biggest is expense is going to be rent. You don't need a car, you don't need gas, you don't need car insurance, etc, that most people who live outside the city do. 50% of your paycheck on rent is reasonable.
while i agree you can do that but meaning you'd have no money for anything else unless this lottery has everything included like gas and electricity then now it's worth it since you would have spent the same amount anyway elsewhere
i can do 1400 maybe 1500 max with all included
no way in heel i'll do 1500 without utilities
I'd love to get car here and i plan on buying one soon but like you said i probably wouldn't need it and have nowhere to put it lol

Old 08-11-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
while i agree you can do that but meaning you'd have no money for anything else unless this lottery has everything included like gas and electricity then now it's worth it since you would have spent the same amount anyway elsewhere
i can do 1400 maybe 1500 max with all included
no way in heel i'll do 1500 without utilities
I'd love to get car here and i plan on buying one soon but like you said i probably wouldn't need it and have nowhere to put it lol
Actually, the building has valet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery