Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 11:39 AM

885 posts, read 1,378,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Certainly there are many much worse neighborhoods throughout the city but it’s not Bedford Park as they claim.

It’s a 6.5 or 7.0 on a scale with 1 being great and 10 being hideous. it’s not as bad at all as some of the neighborhoods in The South Bronx that are being advertised/pushed as gentrifying.
Things are considerably worse just to the South and considerably better to the North.
7???? that's pretty close to being hideous! Would you happen to know how close this building is to the D train? I take the A or D to my son's school and then hop back on either to go to work so being close to that train would be a plus for me! Convenience may bump it's rating up to a 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 12:09 PM

147 posts, read 229,533 times
Totally out...56xxx!

Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,039,525 times
43,xxx - eh.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:05 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,096,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
7???? that's pretty close to being hideous! Would you happen to know how close this building is to the D train? I take the A or D to my son's school and then hop back on either to go to work so being close to that train would be a plus for me! Convenience may bump it's rating up to a 6
Didn’T mean to imply that at all. In my book 6.5 is much closer to 5 ( average) than it is to 10.
It’s only about a block and a half or 2 blocks from the D train.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:52 PM

191 posts, read 221,061 times
very disappointed at this lotteries right now, i had high hopes for this complex... i have cb preference and still gave me a high log 39,xxx. Too few units and too many applicants i guess, i fit 60% ami for 1br or studio / and 100% studio. Yeah the concourse D line runs right underneath, 5 minute walk to either fordham or kingsbridge station, 10 min or less to 4 Line on jerome.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 5,022 times
New to this forum. I stumbled upon it through Google. I appplied to this lottery log 3** I haven’t been contacted as yet.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:20 PM

33 posts, read 40,377 times
3xxx with preference. Anyone been contacted? If so what's your log number? I know people are already moving in.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:52 AM

6 posts, read 7,718 times
I was contacted and they verified my employment 2 weeks ago so I hope that'sa good sign. My interview was May 11th. Log number is 3xxx. I'm hoping for a 1br although I would accept a studio. I qualify for both.  They were laying the sidewalk on Saturday and the outside lights are up already. Not sure why someone above said people are already moving in. From the looks of things that's a negative. They just removed scaffolding last week Tuesday. Lots of permit related info is available in nyc.gov/buildings.

Old 09-10-2018, 01:01 PM

8 posts, read 10,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnmylife85 View Post
I was contacted and they verified my employment 2 weeks ago so I hope that'sa good sign. My interview was May 11th. Log number is 3xxx. I'm hoping for a 1br although I would accept a studio. I qualify for both.  They were laying the sidewalk on Saturday and the outside lights are up already. Not sure why someone above said people are already moving in. From the looks of things that's a negative. They just removed scaffolding last week Tuesday. Lots of permit related info is available in nyc.gov/buildings.

We are on the same boat. My log number is on the 3,000 too. They sent my package to hdc for approval about a month ago but no response. Did they tell you a time frame on about how long it usually take? This waiting game is crazy!! lol

Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 AM

6 posts, read 7,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCANARIO View Post
We are on the same boat. My log number is on the 3,000 too. They sent my package to hdc for approval about a month ago but no response. Did they tell you a time frame on about how long it usually take? This waiting game is crazy!! lol
At my May 11th interview they said I would receive an answer within 6-8 weeks but they only contacted me 3 weeks ago requesting my employment verification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery