Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownLuvr View Post
I had been self-employed for the last three years and my paperwork is taking forever. They also want an explanation of every bank deposit that isn't direct deposit because of it.
Thanks, MidtownLuvr. Their documents list also says I need to bring a notarized letter of my net income for the "next 12 months." Do they mean for fiscal year 2018, or do they literally mean the "next" 12 months--from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019? Also, for business expense receipts, I'm assuming they mean YTD for just 2018 (and also to estimate remaining expenses for the year based on historical patterns), not receipts from 2017, 2016, 2015, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 11:46 AM

126 posts, read 214,184 times
Quote:
How did you speak to your caseworker? Through email?
I just called. He gave me an update says its not processed yet, still havent heard

Old 08-21-2018, 02:59 PM

22 posts, read 41,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelilyo View Post
Thanks, MidtownLuvr. Their documents list also says I need to bring a notarized letter of my net income for the "next 12 months." Do they mean for fiscal year 2018, or do they literally mean the "next" 12 months--from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019? Also, for business expense receipts, I'm assuming they mean YTD for just 2018 (and also to estimate remaining expenses for the year based on historical patterns), not receipts from 2017, 2016, 2015, right?
Literally next 12 months.
YTD for receipts.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY343 View Post
I just called. He gave me an update says its not processed yet, still havent heard
I've been stopping myself from calling but I think I should. These lotteries will have you so restless

Old 08-23-2018, 02:18 PM

9 posts, read 17,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2312 View Post
Hello everyone.

After the CB4 are filled up, then which CB would be next? Any thoughts, anyone...
There's only community board wise there's only CB4 preference...

Old 08-23-2018, 02:33 PM

9 posts, read 17,647 times
Quote:
I've been stopping myself from calling but I think I should. These lotteries will have you so restless
I feel like you just have to try and have fun with it. You get to meet some people, get to post some posts... It's a gamble, literally like playing the lottery. Even if you're drawn and you're in the income brackets you can still end up never getting an apartment for various reasons...

Trying to take my own advice now. I was called in with CB preference and 13,xxx log#. Because of my weird income situation I mentioned earlier (if anyone has advice on that PLS comment) I have very little hopes of getting in... But I've dealt with this kind of thing before and I will NEVER EVER EVER IN MY LIFE waste time on something (or those parts of something) that I have no control over.

Let's just be as reliable as possible to these people (who probably envy us for being called in - I bet half of them play this lottery themselves), give them all they ask for and enjoy the riiiiiiiide

Old 08-24-2018, 06:59 AM

127 posts, read 278,417 times
I signed my lease yesterday. 1 month deposit and months rent. They offer you a one year lease first when lease is over they will offer you one year or two. The electricity is sub metered by the building and paid along with the rent. Lease require to have renter insurance for the duration of the lease protection of personal belongings starting as low as $10.00. Amenities is $45.00 per person added to the rent.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:27 AM

133 posts, read 135,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_222 View Post
I signed my lease yesterday. 1 month deposit and months rent. They offer you a one year lease first when lease is over they will offer you one year or two. The electricity is sub metered by the building and paid along with the rent. Lease require to have renter insurance for the duration of the lease protection of personal belongings starting as low as $10.00. Amenities is $45.00 per person added to the rent.
what was your log number ?

Old 08-24-2018, 09:42 AM

127 posts, read 278,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycalexa View Post
what was your log number ?
Log #37xx with CB Preference the whole process took about 6 weeks.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:26 AM

So I called. They said they're approving applications by log number not by who gets their paperwork in first... doesn't make sense to me at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery