Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 10:16 AM

52 posts, read 88,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSDiamond View Post
Thats great! I really hope they process my application swiftly too *cross fingers*. The anticipation is crazy lol.
Yes the anticipation is insane... I am still waiting and I had my interview in August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 6,356 times
Quote:
Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who have already moved in to your apartments ��. So I had an interview on September 27th now I'm just patiently waiting my log #21,***. Anyone knows what the average processing time is?
Congratulations on the interview! Did you have a CB preference?

Old 10-20-2018, 11:47 AM

86 posts, read 146,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_222 View Post
Have you got in communication with you case worker? who is you case worker?
Hi no I haven't been in contact with her actually but her name is Ms. K. Greene. I'm thinking about giving her a call or shooting her an email in the upcoming week since the 27th will be a month since the interview.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromwell33 View Post
Congratulations on the interview! Did you have a CB preference?
No I haven't actually.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatescape1820 View Post
Yes the anticipation is insane... I am still waiting and I had my interview in August.
Wow hopefully you hear something soon. Overall I've heard different stories from people getting finally approved, it ranged from 6, 8 and even up to 12 weeks!

Old 10-20-2018, 04:06 PM

127 posts, read 278,705 times
Quote:
Wow hopefully you hear something soon. Overall I've heard different stories from people getting finally approved, it ranged from 6, 8 and even up to 12 weeks!
My process was fast 7 weeks .... you should email your case worker ask for an update. What size apartment are you going for? Good luck in the process .

Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
My process was fast 7 weeks .... you should email your case worker ask for an update. What size apartment are you going for? Good luck in the process .
I'm going for a 2 bedroom, though I can't remember her asking me at the interview now thinking about it

Old 10-20-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I'm going for a 2 bedroom, though I can't remember her asking me at the interview now thinking about it
I was approved for a 2 bedroom and I told them that I was living on a 2bed doesn’t make sense to move from a two bedroom to a 2bedroom apt so they approved me for a 3bedroom. Of course they look at you Family size and income bracket.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I was approved for a 2 bedroom and I told them that I was living on a 2bed doesn’t make sense to move from a two bedroom to a 2bedroom apt so they approved me for a 3bedroom. Of course they look at you Family size and income bracket.
Oh ok that's great you were able to upgrade. it's just me and my son so a 2 bedroom would be just right, but in the meantime I decided to shoot my caseworker an email asking for an update hope she responds..

Old 10-22-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Oh ok that's great you were able to upgrade. it's just me and my son so a 2 bedroom would be just right, but in the meantime I decided to shoot my caseworker an email asking for an update hope she responds..
Good Luck two bed is perfect for you.....i have two girls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery