Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 07:25 PM

22 posts, read 14,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
You need to make sure you formally appeal the disqualification. You only have a few days to do that.
I have 8 days left to mail the appeal in letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
My first question is how are they confirming your income ? If they are using tax returns you can earn up to $400 of self employment income without reporting it. Source

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc554

"You usually must pay self-employment tax if you had net earnings from self-employment of $400 or more."

If they are using something like bank statements and questioning deposits that's a little different. I would look at their rules for determining income and perhaps argue something in there. They must have a uniform way to determine income and its written down somewhere.
Thank you first of all.
They used our 6 months bank deposits and annualizes to $292 based on the frequency of payments I have already received.

Do you mind to explain "look at their rules for determining income and perhaps argue something in there. They must have a uniform way to determine income and its written down somewhere"?? Don't know how to do that.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 PM

I contacted the city council, they just told us to send the appeal now. They said there is nothing they can do before the appeal. And I emailed Waze 3 days ago, still hasn't gotten any reply yet.

There is a partial of the appeal. Please give me some suggestion.

"1. Regarding the Waze carpool, the majority of the income was based on referral signup bonuses. There were 3 referral signup bonuses from my friends which amounted to $60 in referrals. Since I have nobody else to refer, this cannot be a recurring payment. Also, each account can only have max 10 referrals. So, the referral signup bonus $60 here cannot be calculated as recurring income.
2. Furthermore, my wife was the only person I provided a carpool for during the promotional period which waze ended the promotional period. The promotional period enabled my wife to take a carpool with me for a reduced fee (she paid between $0 to $2, waze subsidized the remainder $5 to $3, gradually decreasing the promotion), so I would be paid $5 per ride regardless. Since the promotional only lasted three weeks after she signed up her account, I am no longer going to provide my wife with carpool (her last carpool with me was on 3/17/2019 which had zero subsidization). She has also deleted her account after the promotional period ended so there should be no further recurring income from Waze. I plan to delete my waze account as well since there is no potential profit from waze carpool. There will no more waze carpool income at all. So, the annualized $300 should not be included in my annual income."

Old 04-29-2019, 03:46 AM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I would put your last sentence first. That is the most important thing you are trying to convey.

I would also quote the rule about Sporadic and Non-Recurring Income, which is on page 54 of the Marketing Handbook:

Certain forms of income that are sporadic and non-recurring are not considered when calculating maximum household income as they are considered temporary in nature. Examples of sporadic or non-recurring income include one-time gifts or lump-sum inheritance payments. All sources of income must be disclosed, but such non-recurring income may be excluded from the income calculation.

A Google search for Marketing Guidelines HPD should bring it up right away. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I would put your last sentence first. That is the most important thing you are trying to convey.

I would also quote the rule about Sporadic and Non-Recurring Income, which is on page 54 of the Marketing Handbook:

Certain forms of income that are sporadic and non-recurring are not considered when calculating maximum household income as they are considered temporary in nature. Examples of sporadic or non-recurring income include one-time gifts or lump-sum inheritance payments. All sources of income must be disclosed, but such non-recurring income may be excluded from the income calculation.

A Google search for Marketing Guidelines HPD should bring it up right away. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! I sure will do that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery