Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 08:53 AM

78 posts, read 72,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2 View Post
OMG I am so sorry that that is happening to you but yes you are going to end up with no choice but to renew unfortunately.

Have you signed certification paperwork? or you have not done that either?
I signed a packet of forms that they mailed to my house after my eligibility interview. They only wanted me to sign, not date or fill out. I sent that back to them on May 24th. They confirmed they received it on June 3rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 09:00 AM

204 posts, read 215,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedwitchildren View Post
I signed a packet of forms that they mailed to my house after my eligibility interview. They only wanted me to sign, not date or fill out. I sent that back to them on May 24th. They confirmed they received it on June 3rd.
Have they taken your money order?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Have they taken your money order?
Yes. They took that they day of my eligibility interview. But i don't think they checked my credit yet. I didn't get any notification at all.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Yes. They took that they day of my eligibility interview. But i don't think they checked my credit yet. I didn't get any notification at all.
Damn
I hope it works out for both of us ... please keep me posted

Old 06-21-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Damn
I hope it works out for both of us ... please keep me posted
Me too!

I'll keep you posted.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Me too!

I'll keep you posted.
Have you heard any update?

Old 06-27-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Have you heard any update?
Just heard from them yesterday since i had sent them an email. Still the same thing. 4 applicants in process before me and that they are waiting for available apartments. As soon as they have available apartments they will contact me.

Unfortunately, by that time it will be too late for me. My lease expires this month. I have no choice but to renew it. Although i have no problem breaking the lease, i don't want to be responsible for the rest of this years rent. You know what i mean...

Not to mention i have section 8 and my voucher transfer expires in August. And that's with the extension they already gave me.

With these lotteries, its all about timing... I feel highly disappointed.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Just heard from them yesterday since i had sent them an email. Still the same thing. 4 applicants in process before me and that they are waiting for available apartments. As soon as they have available apartments they will contact me.

Unfortunately, by that time it will be too late for me. My lease expires this month. I have no choice but to renew it. Although i have no problem breaking the lease, i don't want to be responsible for the rest of this years rent. You know what i mean...

Not to mention i have section 8 and my voucher transfer expires in August. And that's with the extension they already gave me.

With these lotteries, its all about timing... I feel highly disappointed.
Oh nooooo! I feel so bad
I have not heard anything and I am so nervous to call or email because I don't want disappointing news.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Oh nooooo! I feel so bad
I have not heard anything and I am so nervous to call or email because I don't want disappointing news.
I know. SMH.
A part of me still wants to have faith. lol.
If they contact me in mid July, i might be able to go through with it. But if not, guess i'll lose out.

You should contact them and ask what is the status and if there is anything they need from you.. Regardless of the outcome they still need to keep you informed.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I know. SMH.
A part of me still wants to have faith. lol.
If they contact me in mid July, i might be able to go through with it. But if not, guess i'll lose out.

You should contact them and ask what is the status and if there is anything they need from you.. Regardless of the outcome they still need to keep you informed.
When I do make contact with them, they simply tell me there has been no update and once their is, they will contact me which is extremely annoying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery