Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 01:55 PM

17 posts, read 25,988 times

Advertisements

Currently in the appeal process with housing partnership. Didn’t get to HPD yet. What issues are they giving you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 08:39 AM

13 posts, read 21,485 times
They are saying that I did not have all funds for the down payment and closing costs during the “eligibility period”.....I am relying on gifted funds for closing costs and provided the necessary documents during my appeal but still being rejected. I am confused as to why the rejection and when specifically is the eligibility period if it’s not the time I was given to appeal. It’s harder during these times because the only form of communication is email which they can ignore your email or not respond in a timely manner. When I send emails they are quick to respond and reject but when I’m asking such questions as to my rejection they go missing.

This is a great opportunity that I do not want to pass on.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:15 AM

11 posts, read 19,913 times
They sent me a rejection letter pretty much saying that I was rejected for the 3 family be I only had 44000 in my account and the homes are going for 51000 something like that so I won’t have enough money for down payment and closing....which is not true because I gave them my pension and deferred compensation to show that I had way enough money in my retirement accounts then they said the letter must say how soon I can get the money out of my account or a letter from someone saying they will gift it to me and they banking info and how long the money been in they account....I’m not even going to appeal it by clearly I gave them all the information from my pension and deferred comp which makes me eligible with the funds and I could easily get it gifted by I’m only short about 6000 but this is insane to me these ppl want you to sell your damn soul.....

Old 05-03-2020, 12:32 AM

12 posts, read 21,048 times
Don't give up. You can easily get a letter from your retirement company saying when you can get the money. You can even take out up to 10,000 for a first time home purchase from your 401k or 403b without paying the penalty of 10%.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:38 AM

They are not allowing anyone to appeal “twice”. We basically got one chance to provide all documents. Even if you appeal and provide the documents they’re asking for, using other words they are telling you “You’re too late”. This is a funded project to help those that never purchased a home purchase one but I don’t see where the help is. They not being clear with their appeal denials or they find another way to say you’re rejected. I thought I was the only person they were giving a hard time.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:49 AM

Wow. This is crazy. I really hope the best for everyone, as this is a great opportunity though I wish they didn’t make it so difficult for those who could use the break. Does anyone happen to have the original advertisement? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the web.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM

I took a screen shot from my previous emails with them listing the income brackets for each household. I’m not sure if this is what you’re requesting.

But yes this is insane. I understand they have their measurements to assure that we qualify but I was able to provide all documents they’ve requested and got denied. I have hope something will come up and those wrongfully rejected can move forward with our applications. Maybe the economy and what is taking place is affecting the process and they aren’t letting us know that.
Attached Thumbnails
Blake Hendrix homes-b1c965e0-3431-4c62-b969-a2ec55e0fb9e.jpeg  

Old 05-09-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyngirl11207 View Post
I took a screen shot from my previous emails with them listing the income brackets for each household. I’m not sure if this is what you’re requesting.

But yes this is insane. I understand they have their measurements to assure that we qualify but I was able to provide all documents they’ve requested and got denied. I have hope something will come up and those wrongfully rejected can move forward with our applications. Maybe the economy and what is taking place is affecting the process and they aren’t letting us know that.
Thanks! I have this too but I remember seeing an advertisement that said what the building was made of and the trains it was close to, etc. I just contacted them to find out what’s my status, apparently my appeal is still under review. Just trying to keep patient.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:36 PM

6 posts, read 7,873 times
I believe this particular project is a scam. They are looking for anyway for you not to qualify. They calculated my income wrong (literally did the math wrong, like 5+5=12 wrong). They also told me I did not have enough savings for 130 AMI when my income put me at the 90 AMI. They also said a member of my household failed to provide tax return documents when they are over 80+ and wrote on the application they have NO income. Whoever reviewed my file literally wrote random stuff then I had to appeal the obvious errors. I literally appealed ONE day after getting my rejection letter. They took forever to respond and then said my documents were outdated. I wondered how can my documents be outdated if you literally just made a decision based on those documents which were just 2 months old. Anyways, they kept making me submit new documents for MONTHS even though I qualified each time! They would not accept me and kept making me submit new docs until my Christmas bonus put me over the income limit. Even when you prove them wrong they reject you or they will make you continuously submit documents until your income changes. Good luck to everyone. You're better off getting a home through a first home buyer program. My relative got a home with the City and there are a bunch of restrictions. They cant even change the plants in their front yard, not to mention the stress of it all.

Last edited by Ms.JD; 05-25-2020 at 11:46 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 PM

Wow! So they rejected you after Christmas? Are you done appealing with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery