Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2022, 10:17 PM

42 posts, read 64,902 times

Advertisements

Looks like Cadman updated their page:

“As of April 2022, for a one bedroom apartment we currently are up to log number 66 (on the 2019 waiting list).”

I’m assuming this is the number that would be up not including the people who have their applications in already, though It would make more sense for it to go by the last log# that took an apt. Which would be 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 06:14 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
Looks like Cadman updated their page:

“As of April 2022, for a one bedroom apartment we currently are up to log number 66 (on the 2019 waiting list).”

I’m assuming this is the number that would be up not including the people who have their applications in already, though It would make more sense for it to go by the last log# that took an apt. Which would be 50.
The information could be more clear, I agree. However, I suppose it could get long and wordy. Is 66 the highest log# they have reached out to but not gotten a unit yet? I am not sure if that what is meant.

Keep in mind, we believe that Log# 50 is the lowest to take a unit. However, lower log#s might have passed on the particular unit, and these lower log#s can still be active applicants.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:32 AM

"The last time I sent out offers, I sent it to applicants 38-66. I haven't sent out any offers since. When I have available vacancies, I will send out an offer."

Old 10-25-2022, 02:01 PM

23 posts, read 22,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Taray Gill would probably be the only person to answer this question, since it involves strategy. She would be able to say how many one-bedrooms turned over versus two-bedrooms in the past year.

As far as I know, you cannot be on two ML lists at once in the same development, but that is also a question to Taray.

And the one-bedroom vacancies also go first to the internal list. Am I missing something? People keep mentioning the two-bedrooms going first to the internal list. There are people in one-bedrooms who want a higher floor or a different view, or to switch from the smaller one-bedroom to the larger one.

Anxiously, do you qualify for the two-bedroom list?
I called Taray Gill with these exact questions and she was supremely unhelpful! Declined to tell me anything about how often 2-br apt or 1-br apts are vacant, and said she hadn't been there long enough to answer that question. !! And then told me she had to go and I could send her an email. I found her rude and unsympathetic.

It is making me crazy that we are expected to make this potentially life-altering decision with zero information.

Also, re: whether you're missing something -- I think it is unlikely that there are as many internal transfers to 1-bedrooms, simply because there are no studios in the building. If someone is already in a 1-br, they might be motivated to move to a different unit, but mostly they are probably staying put rather than moving to another apartment of the same size. With vacant 2-brs, I would expect that many people with kids in 1-bedrooms are looking to transfer, and these get snapped up internally more often.

Old 10-25-2022, 02:17 PM

Yes she was nice in person, but never helpful on the phone or email. Actually, I think her email responses make things even more confusing. I know Mitchell Lamas have a history of sketchiness, fraud, etc. so I am going to try to stay on top of it.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:11 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Yes, it isn't right to have to make a potentially life-altering decision based on no information.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
"The last time I sent out offers, I sent it to applicants 38-66. I haven't sent out any offers since. When I have available vacancies, I will send out an offer."
Ok, so that is about a maximum of 27 log#s. But, the real number here is likely less as not every number on that generic number line is necessarily a log#. Some applicants might never have proceeded with the process, or have dropped out long ago, or are on hold or whatever.

Perhaps it as a group of 20 log#s that got outreach last time.

For what it’s worth, you can view the posted waitlist in person on site at 10 Clinton St. I don’t know how often they update and repost it. You might get an idea of how many log#s are ahead of you. I don’t know if this posted list includes log#s on hold. See what is posted about 2 bed log#s. Are they old and high?

“ All Cadman Towers waiting lists are posted in the Community Room at 10 Clinton Street. This is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. “

(I drove past Cadman Towers this month. They look nice and clean from the outside. I don’t have time to stop and visit the list.)

Old 10-25-2022, 05:30 PM

I’ve checked out the list physically, it’s never up to date and it doesn’t specify anything like what log # they are up to. There is nowhere to go for help lol

Old 10-28-2022, 12:13 PM

23 posts, read 22,608 times
Just a bit of unhelpful data to add to the muck! I emailed Taray Gill these questions:

1. What would my position be on the 2-bedroom list (log no. X)? Do you have a sense of which list is likely to result in an apartment offer sooner?

2. What is the current income minimum and maximum?

3. What is the carrying charge range for a 2-bedroom?

4. What is the purchase price range for a 2-bedroom?

And got this response:

"Unfortunately, I don’t have that information at the moment. Once the two-bedroom waitlist is created, that information will be provided to all applicants. In regards to how long the wait is, I am unable to give you an estimated timeline as it ultimately depends on when apartments are vacated. One Bedroom Transfers would go to the top of the Two Bedroom list."

Old 10-28-2022, 04:55 PM

FYI, According to the entire floor floor plans for Clinton St, and Clark St found on the internet, 4 of the 10 units on the floor plan are 2 bed units. I don’t know how consistent that might be from floor to floor. For 1 bed units it’s 5 of 10, and 4 of 10. Turnover is slow, although as mentioned it could be the towers are 40% two bedroom units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery