Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2022, 10:06 AM

42 posts, read 64,902 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I did not get this email from Cadman, my log # is mid fifties and did the tour last time with application fee submitted. I can potentially qualify if I get my sister onboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 10:50 AM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Anxiously, since your number is so low, you would potentially be No. 1 on the new two-bed list.

My daughter didn't get the email either. Her number is near yours, and she was also called for the recent one-bedroom availability. She wouldn't qualify for a two-bedroom anyway.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:03 AM

So I wonder why people with higher log numbers are getting the email over the lower?

Old 10-24-2022, 11:13 AM

I don't know, but I assume it's because people lower on the list, like you and my daughter, have been processed already.

Old 10-24-2022, 12:59 PM

I sent an email-lets see what they say.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:42 PM

"This email was sent applicants whose applications we haven’t reached yet. Based on your application, you currently have a family composition for one person. Has anything changed with your family composition since the last time you were here?"

I know there were people with families on the tour I did, I wonder if she reached out to them. If she is just skipping the people that already filled out applications but these applications are not finalized and have not been submitted to HPD as we were not selected yet, seems sketch to pass everyone that has already been called.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-24-2022, 03:51 PM

2,011 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
Hey,

I did not get this email from Cadman, my log # is mid fifties and did the tour last time with application fee submitted. I can potentially qualify if I get my sister onboard.
I hope they allow you to do that. That would require a review to see if your combined income does not disqualify your two person household on income.

I don’t know what rules and policies there might be with Cadman and HPD. It could be they only allow applicants that already have log#s for the 1 bed but only with existing applications that qualify them on household size and income for a 2 bed. In other words, applicants don’t get to add persons to the household with posible exceptions of getting married and/or having/adopting a child just to meet minimum household size for a 2 bed. Just speculation on my part.

Certainly we know that Cadman can refer to applications for the 1 bed on file to discover which ones likely qualify for a 2 bed already, and to notify that group. They might not be allowed to, or might not choose to alert applicants with log#s that presently only qualify for a 1 bed.

Keep in mind, there are very likely log#s lower than your 50s log# that are on hold. I suppose, an application on hold has to have its one year expire or otherwise have the applicant request the hold be lifted to be considered for a 2 bed. If such a lower log# comes off hold on November 1, they would likely get to accept a unit or not before you. For example, Log# in the 10s was on hold until Nov. 1. Just speculation on my part.

1 bed or 2 bed, you are getting nearer to the goal. Good luck.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:03 PM

2,011 posts, read 1,628,911 times
Speculation on my part. The old (2010) two bedroom list at Cadman was limited to 500 log#s. It seems the last log# that got a two bedroom unit from that 2010 list waited eleven years or so.

“ As of April 2022, for a two bedroom apartment we are currently up to log number 494 (on the 2010 waiting list).”

source, Cadman web page.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
"This email was sent applicants whose applications we haven’t reached yet. Based on your application, you currently have a family composition for one person. Has anything changed with your family composition since the last time you were here?"

I know there were people with families on the tour I did, I wonder if she reached out to them. If she is just skipping the people that already filled out applications but these applications are not finalized and have not been submitted to HPD as we were not selected yet, seems sketch to pass everyone that has already been called.

What do you guys think?
I agree with you that Cadman shouldn't be skipping people just because they were called for an apartment, which they didn't get. I mean, almost 20 people were called for that one-bedroom, and only one person got it! The other 19 people should have been notified, unless they took themselves off the list officially.

But it sounds as if Cadman and HPD are allowing changes to family composition at this point! If true, it seems to me that that should have been stated in the original email.

And as WildAboutHarry points out, there may be people on the one-bedroom list lower than you who are on hold. Potentially (assuming that they have been contacted) they would be lower than you on the two-bed list if they switch over, but they would also have to have a qualifying family composition.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:12 PM

Hey WildaboutHarry,

Thank you for your input. The last time I talked to Taray, she had said log #50 took the 1 br that was last available. Also combined income could be way over the limit and would just have to pay a surcharge of 50% of the maintenance fees. I would be fine if they contacted everyone on the list that have the composition for a 2bedroom without adding people just to meet the criteria.

My issue is it seems they are not reaching out to the people who have been recently called and have their applications unofficially in for the 1bedroom, as she said "the email was for applications we haven't reached yet." That doesn't seem right for the people that fit the family composition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery