Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 11:02 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,645,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
"The last time I sent out offers, I sent it to applicants 38-66. I haven't sent out any offers since. When I have available vacancies, I will send out an offer."
This is directed at those following waitlist progress, not a response to the person who made this post. I am just referencing that log# info.

This above post RE one-bedroom waitlist was from last fall. Note #66 which is also the ‘reached’ number Cadman references on its web site dated April 2022. Separately, online Mitchell-Lama Connect waitlist tracking, #65 filled a unit on 5/9/2023, up from #57 in April. So, we can assume some numbers greater than #66 will be next to be sent offers when a vacancy occurs. Perhaps 100 will be broken.

There was a limit of 500 log#s drawn for this summer 2019 lottery.

Good luck and good patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 07:33 AM

12 posts, read 11,023 times
anyway, to get aroun 1 person in a 1 bedroom.
i am on the list but live alone. Anyone ever get 1 bedroom with only 1 person or you have to "find" someone.
will my niece suffice? Or maybe my father.
thanks.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximo896 View Post
anyway, to get aroun 1 person in a 1 bedroom.
i am on the list but live alone. Anyone ever get 1 bedroom with only 1 person or you have to "find" someone.
will my niece suffice? Or maybe my father.
thanks.
Cadman Towers allows a one person household for one-bedrooms. But, some other Mitchell-Lama buildings require two people for a one-bedroom. The two person household has to meet the qualifications. It might matter if both people are NY state residents.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
Default Hello from the Committee to Preserve Cadman Towers!

Hello!

As you may or may not know, Cadman Towers cooperators are facing a vote on whether to approve an Article 2-to-11 conversion plan, which would reconstitute Cadman as an HDFC (Housing Development Fund Corporation) cooperative.

The effects of this conversion would include quadrupling the prices of apartments and eliminating the waiting list as it currently exists. All future sales will instead take place on NYC Housing Connect (https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/). HPD will fill vacancies by conducting a lottery of applicants on this platform.

The Committee to Preserve Cadman Towers (CPCT) is a group of Cadman Towers cooperators who has been organizing against the Article 2-to-11 conversion plan since it was announced. You can learn more about us here: https://cu4ml.org/2to11-cpct. If you are on the waiting list for Cadman Towers and would like more information about ways to assist our efforts, and/or if you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about our work, please send us an email at cadmancooperator@gmail.com. You can help in the struggle to preserve this Mitchell-Lama co-op so you get your rightful chance to join our community.

We also encourage you to join the Cooperators United for Mitchell-Lama (CU4ML) mailing list to receive news and updates about Mitchell-Lama developments across the city and the Mitchell-Lama program more generally. CU4ML is an all-volunteer Mitchell-Lama advocacy group committed to preserving quality not-for-profit housing cooperatives in perpetuity: https://cu4ml.org/about/join-the-cu4ml-mailing-list

Thank you!

- The Committee to Preserve Cadman Towers (CPCT)

Old 05-26-2023, 11:56 AM

23 posts, read 22,951 times
I did some googling and reached out to someone on the Committee to Preserve Cadman Towers, who told me this:

”Contact anyone you know who might also be on our waiting list and tell them about the situation, and encourage them to get in touch with us.” Their email is cadmancooperator@gmail.com.

As people who are on the waitlist, rather than current residents, we don't have a vote, obviously. But it is not right that people could be on the waitlist for years, knowing that the apartment is eventually going to happen, only to have that promise taken away.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiously_waiting_ml View Post
After about 4 years of being on the list, I have been approved by HPD for a simplex at Cadman Towers. I'm excited and happy this program exists for the middle class as we are the group that gets squeezed the most in this city. Let me know if you have any questions.

Congrats on getting the simplex!

If you dont mind me asking, how many vacant apt offering letters have you received since Dec of 2022?

Im currently anxiously waiting

Old 06-08-2023, 01:26 PM

7 posts, read 4,957 times
Hello! does anyone have any news on when the vote for the 2-to-11 conversion is happening?
I read it was scheduled to happen yesterday, June 7th??

Old 06-08-2023, 05:27 PM

Filled 2 bedroom, log# 440, on 6/8/2023

(RE Conversion vote that someone read was on June 7. I don’t know if there was a vote, or what method (show of hands, ballots, or whatever) was used, or what the outcome was. I don’t know of anything that says result of such a vote has to be quick or not. Perhaps, there is a certified count before any announcement.)

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 06-08-2023 at 06:22 PM..

Old 06-09-2023, 07:57 PM

23 posts, read 22,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryNyc View Post
Hello! does anyone have any news on when the vote for the 2-to-11 conversion is happening?
I read it was scheduled to happen yesterday, June 7th??
The vote was postponed because members of the anti-privatization group filed a lawsuit against the AG to block the conversion. The judge has imposed a temporary restraining order on the Board until the case is heard, which will happen July 13th.

After the court date they could see a vote scheduled quickly, but it depends on how the judge rules.

You can check for updates to the lawsuit here: https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nys...==&display=all

All of this information came from my conversation with a member of the Committee to Preserve Cadman Towers (CPCT). Anyone can email them directly and get involved in the effort to prevent this conversion. The email is cadmancooperator@gmail.com.

Old 06-10-2023, 10:25 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Fredlet, thanks you for the information you’ve been sharing. I am on the wait list and will get in touch with the committee. But I am confused as to why some cooperators are pushing for this conversion to a different middle-income program. Is the Cadman co-op currently in financial trouble? After the conversion, will current residents be able to sell their apartments for more money?

I don’t know much about the HDFC program, but I read an article saying that many of them are on shaky financial ground. A friend who lives in one told me her building hadn’t made a mortgage payment in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery