Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 02:02 PM

36 posts, read 86,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn13 View Post
I'm targeting a 1-bedroom.
a 1 Bdr for $600 in this luxury bldg is TRULY winning the lottery !!!! this is unbelievable !!

I wish you all the best and hopefully we'll be neighbors soon haha, I like to be optimistic ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 09:20 PM

14 posts, read 43,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizou972 View Post
a 1 Bdr for $600 in this luxury bldg is TRULY winning the lottery !!!! this is unbelievable !!

I wish you all the best and hopefully we'll be neighbors soon haha, I like to be optimistic ;-)
Well I don't qualify for that one. I would be paying $1017 (still crazy cheap!). But hope you're right and we get to be neighbors! 🙏🙏

Old 10-13-2018, 09:30 PM

252 posts, read 351,479 times
Just out of curiosity...since this says phase 2...does that mean that these are new units that have recently been completed? Or is this just like a round 2 to fill units for affordable housing, or filling units that people moved out of...?

Just curious as to whether it’s a new unit that hasn’t had anyone it in before. The reason I ask is because I just did some quick research on the building and it looks like many people are complaining about the management team and saying it takes months And often times never to get broken things fixed, like air conditioning, drainage issues in shower/sink/toilet, etc. if market renters are facing those kinds of issues, I can only imagine how they would treat their affordable housing residents...

Anyone currently living in this building have any experience they can share?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:03 PM

12 posts, read 17,512 times
I was assigned a unit! Paperwork has been sent to HPD. Expecting to schedule an orientation at the building in the next few weeks.

The unit I was assigned is on the opposite side of the building vs. what I preferred. I asked my agent if there were any other lines I could choose from. She sort of deflected, saying there aren’t many units left and they can’t assign units. Building management said they have no control over unit assignment either.

I’ve done my research, and I know there are nearly identical units offered on the opposite side of the building. They are just barely larger based on the dimensions printed on their floor plans, but the unit I’m assigned already is not the smallest 1BR floor plan.

Is it worth asking the agent again? Should I wait and try to ask at orientation? Just concerned because the paperwork I signed today had a unit number on it. Not sure if that means it’s set in stone at this point.

I’m not looking for a corner unit, more space, or anything crazy. Just would prefer to face south/east vs. north/west, if possible. I will be grateful either way, though.

Will post another update when I have more info.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:15 PM

7,916 posts, read 7,986,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joscosticks View Post
I was assigned a unit! Paperwork has been sent to HPD. Expecting to schedule an orientation at the building in the next few weeks.

The unit I was assigned is on the opposite side of the building vs. what I preferred. I asked my agent if there were any other lines I could choose from. She sort of deflected, saying there aren’t many units left and they can’t assign units. Building management said they have no control over unit assignment either.

I’ve done my research, and I know there are nearly identical units offered on the opposite side of the building. They are just barely larger based on the dimensions printed on their floor plans, but the unit I’m assigned already is not the smallest 1BR floor plan.

Is it worth asking the agent again? Should I wait and try to ask at orientation? Just concerned because the paperwork I signed today had a unit number on it. Not sure if that means it’s set in stone at this point.

I’m not looking for a corner unit, more space, or anything crazy. Just would prefer to face south/east vs. north/west, if possible. I will be grateful either way, though.

Will post another update when I have more info.
A closed mouth doesn’t get fed. Congrats. Did you take pics?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 PM

7,916 posts, read 7,986,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logix1229 View Post
Just out of curiosity...since this says phase 2...does that mean that these are new units that have recently been completed? Or is this just like a round 2 to fill units for affordable housing, or filling units that people moved out of...?

Just curious as to whether it’s a new unit that hasn’t had anyone it in before. The reason I ask is because I just did some quick research on the building and it looks like many people are complaining about the management team and saying it takes months And often times never to get broken things fixed, like air conditioning, drainage issues in shower/sink/toilet, etc. if market renters are facing those kinds of issues, I can only imagine how they would treat their affordable housing residents...

Anyone currently living in this building have any experience they can share?
Phase 2 is phase 2. This is a whole new lottery

Old 10-18-2018, 07:20 AM

12 posts, read 17,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
A closed mouth doesn’t get fed. Congrats. Did you take pics?
I haven’t seen the unit yet. That comes at orientation. When I saw the floor plan/line yesterday, I asked the agent if I had any choice but she deflected to building management.

I called building management as soon as I was out of my confirmation appt, and they deflected back to the agent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-18-2018, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,393 times
I got an email saying I am ineligible due to income but I will be starting a new job soon that will put me back in the requirements. Does anyone have any experience with this? What should I include in my package to appeal and are my chances super low now?

Old 10-19-2018, 10:23 PM

252 posts, read 351,479 times
does anyone know if i'm able to switch into a different income bracket if i recently switched jobs? so when i applied for this lottery, I was at one income bracket but i recently changed jobs and now i'm in another income bracket. Would i still qualify? or does the lottery go based off of the initial application and whatever i was making at that time?

Old 10-20-2018, 06:25 PM

36 posts, read 86,718 times
Hi guys,

Any news ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery