Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 04:08 PM

22 posts, read 35,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
Just cosmetic updating for now. I put a linoleum floor in and ordered new appliances. We are going to wait and see if we eventually want to move up to a larger unit in 3 years. and No I would love a balcony, just wasn't offered one. Happy with our cozy space for now.

Congratulations to your new apt, do u have some pics to share? I m curious to see what's the conditions of the bathroom and kitchen? Do you have those color bathroom with subway tiles in pink or blue or green? I think I had seen a penn south apt video on youtube with a green or grey tiled bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 01:47 PM

128 posts, read 228,138 times
I have no idea how to post pictures on here but I will tell you the bathroom is in excellent condition. freshly painted and new chrome fixtures in the sink and tub/shower, new sink and toilet. New medicine cabinet and towel bars. It is fully tiled with grey ceramic and black trim. the floor is grey and white 1" checkerboard tile. The kitchen is not much to speak of as it is quite small but with a new stainless sink and faucet. Counter space is zero.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:23 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,713,674 times
You can upload a picture on imgur and show us the link!

Old 09-15-2018, 04:58 PM

24 posts, read 29,094 times
I still haven't heard anything... log 8xx. i work in the vicinity and drive past everyday smh.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:14 AM

233 posts, read 406,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandgreen View Post
Long time lurker here. Just thought you all might be interested in hearing about a letter I got from the Mutual Redevelopment office. I'd written to ask about my status for a 1 BR with no preference on balcony. In checking my computer number on the online waitlist, I come up as having 270 or so people on the active list ahead of me. The letter, however, said that I'm in the 90s! I thought it could possibly be a mistake as there are about 90 people inactive people in front of me according to the online waitlist. After looking at the online list and putting it into an Excel spreadsheet, I realized this new number is plausible - if I deleted everyone who specified a balcony, and all those who was on a waitlist prior to 2014. Do you think it's possible that the letter is wrong?

What an exciting prospect - I could be in a new apartment in a year and a half!
Hi Pinkandgreen,

Thanks for posting this information! I am on the studio list and I'm in the high 200s, but if you subtract the people who want a balcony and the people from 1978(!!) - 1998, I'm actually in the high 90s.

Thanks!

hkcg

Old 09-16-2018, 08:55 AM

22 posts, read 29,216 times
59,99x I'm sub 60k woo! Aha. Ahahaha...

Old 09-18-2018, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,573 times
57,xxx with CB. Do I have any chance?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:38 AM

11 posts, read 26,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
I have no idea how to post pictures on here but I will tell you the bathroom is in excellent condition. freshly painted and new chrome fixtures in the sink and tub/shower, new sink and toilet. New medicine cabinet and towel bars. It is fully tiled with grey ceramic and black trim. the floor is grey and white 1" checkerboard tile. The kitchen is not much to speak of as it is quite small but with a new stainless sink and faucet. Counter space is zero.
You are so helpful mrspeel77. Can you please tell me what the current per room maintenance/carrying charge is. I am on hold and trying to decide if I should wait a bit longer...I have 3 more years possible. I know the formula for the carrying charge is based on the per room carrying charge. So if you have a true 3 room 1 bedroom the per room charge would be 1/3 of of your monthly carrying charge/maintenance. But if you have a 3.5 1 bedroom (a kitchen w/dining area) the monthly per room carrying charge would be your carrying charge divided by 3.5. I'd really appreciate this info as then I can calculate the carrying charge for my 4.5 waitlist unit and then the required annual income for 4.5 rooms from that figure. Unfortunately Penn South does not make this info available other than the formula. Hope to hear from you!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:39 AM

233 posts, read 406,263 times
Hi All,

I tried to check my position on the waitlist yesterday and again this morning. It says "information incorrect". I hope it's because they are updating the list, but if someone else sees the same thing, can you let us know? Otherwise I don't know why my information is considered "incorrect".

Thanks!

hkcg

Old 09-20-2018, 01:34 PM

128 posts, read 228,138 times
I don't know the formula. I can tell you my carrying charges are $571.for a 3 room one bedroom, plus $51 for HVAC assessment(17 per room). PennSouth generates its own electricity and that is also added on but we haven't been billed for that yet. Also they have a contract with RCN for cable and if you use them, $33 a month is also paid with the carrying charges for basic cable and internet. I hope this helps. Also worth mentioning, when looking at apts, I noticed all 3 room one bedrooms didn't have the same carrying charges, it varied size of the apt.(there are several different variations of a 3 room one bedroom) and by floor location, I remember one being as high as 598 and others lower than our 571.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery