Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 01:57 PM

43 posts, read 26,665 times

Advertisements

Yes he is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 01:59 PM

43 posts, read 26,665 times
Yea we both will god willing. I just hope it's not too late to ask for 1 bedroom when I get called because my handler put me down for studio but didnt calculate my income in front of me the second time around because I just dropped them off and apparently she was too busy to talk to me. From anyone's experience is it possible to ask for a bigger apartment if ur income qualify

Old 11-20-2019, 02:34 PM

515 posts, read 530,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
Yes, there was a long line, (Not sure if all were our fellow future neighbors since they handle many more lotteries, but it took a little over an hour of the appointment time
- 1 They are supposed to at least assign preference logs to their apartment before they start the process for non preference or "general population"

-2 Yes if your CB number is reached after all 50% of CB apartments have been assigned then you are waitlisted until your log number is either reached again when processing general population or if the people who are offered apartments before you decline and then you are next.

-3 You can think of your log number as your place in line. If there are 5 people with lower log numbers than you technically you can't be offered an apartment before them UNLESS the people before have their assigned apartments already

Did they check your paperwork and calculate your income on the spot?

Old 11-20-2019, 03:46 PM

69 posts, read 101,196 times
At this point it's unclear about the heat. I assumed it was included. I spoke to someone at BG and they said yes it's included, but I haven't received my statement yet. So I'm putting extra money aside in case.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 5,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylomax92 View Post
Congrats!! What floor are you on?
Hey Hey Ylomax92!! I am on the 7th floor, how about you?

Old 11-20-2019, 06:10 PM

91 posts, read 92,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
On another note. Has anyone here gone to their eligibility appointments?
We went yesterday afternoon and it was in and out like the last time. Actually even shorter (less than 15 minutes) since we only had to add 3 pay stubs to the paperwork they had previously scanned. It's below ground level, the reception sucks, and there is literally no space for all the people that come in there. And it's hot as hell! Bring sanitizer because you have to check in at a stationary kiosk (eww germs). Also, what they don't tell you is to fill out the three forms behind the kiosk prior to getting interviewed. We were lucky enough last time because someone put us on. Today, we witnessed them skip over to the next person because of this... so make sure those papers are filled out or they will skip you and then come back to you. Overall once you're in the room they ask you for your paperwork, scan it, and send you on your way... no papers to sign... and if there's anything missing they will tell you to bring it in within 5 days. You've been through the interview process before so I'm sure you'll have everything. And no they don't calculate anything. By far the shortest interview I've ever been to.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 11-20-2019, 06:58 PM

515 posts, read 530,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery_hopeful View Post
And no they don't calculate anything. By far the shortest interview I've ever been to.
Thanks. I do have everything so I'm prepared with that. Just wished they actually sat down and went through things with each applicant like some other marketing agents do. Past marketing agents I've dealt with calculated income there and advise what you qualified for and made you sign forms in advance to make everyone's life easier I guess.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:29 PM

91 posts, read 92,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Thanks. I do have everything so I'm prepared with that. Just wished they actually sat down and went through things with each applicant like some other marketing agents do. Past marketing agents I've dealt with calculated income there and advise what you qualified for and made you sign forms in advance to make everyone's life easier I guess.
You’re welcome. Same here with other agencies.... but nope not this place. You’ll see what I mean when you go to your interview. When you sit down they just ask “do you have everything?” Okay... then they take the plethora of documents that you made copies of and scan it and then pass it back to you and say “you’re done”. Very nice people but that’s it. I asked what was next and was told “someone will go through your documents and if you missed something they’ll let you know. And if you qualify then you would come back in.” My guess for their method is that they are time efficient. Those that qualify will get a call back and those that don’t go through the process that some of have been through: prove that you are. What I can say though is that they do respond to emails very quick... I haven’t had the best luck over the phone but when they do answer they answer whatever questions you may have. Politely too!

Old 11-21-2019, 03:13 AM

36 posts, read 37,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgslot View Post
i viewed apartment on tuesday,gonna sign lease next tuesday for a one bedroom .apartment is kinda small ,nice stainless steel apliances, and dish washer that i would probably never use. built in ac and heater.my log number was in the low 2000's and im a cb member.i have pics ,but dont think i can upload on this site
Hey can you send me pics? @tyeshapg@yahoo.com

Old 11-21-2019, 04:56 AM

77 posts, read 52,128 times
Imma call Monday again to see how far they got I’m so excited n good morning everyone . Hopefully by next week we here back and I’m not sure about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery