Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2019, 06:11 PM

17 posts, read 27,874 times

Advertisements

Happy Holidays to all, I’m new to this thread. I am also waiting for a response for the status of my interview. It would be a blessing to get into this building. A GAME CHANGER YAH.....I’m hoping to be contacted soon. I emailed the rep from lemle and Wolfe so I get back to yah and post an up date, soon as I hear something my prayers to all of those who been called for interviews for this magnificent building and to those with future interviews. Just getting an opportunity for an interview was a blessing for me and my grandkids. Thanks lemle and Wolfe. Log # 8xxxx.

P.s building still under construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 06:15 PM

123 posts, read 97,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukieHudson View Post
I know assumptions can be misguided, but I am going to have to assume that I did not make the cut in the 2019 Lottery. No email, and no snail mail letter at this point.

I am sooooo disappointed.

Sukie in the Hudson Valley
I didn't either, Sukie - and I've been broken up about it but I'm trying to look at the upsides - I really didn't want to leave my neighborhood. Although that was really my only chance of getting into a one bedroom coop downtown - everything else is a fortune and I won't go into another studio after 26 years in mine. I have never been chosen for ANY housing lottery (and now I've rendered myself ineligible for any affordable rental as I have too much savings) - but I hope there will be other options for you.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:18 PM

16 posts, read 9,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoNYC23 View Post
I love reading these because it gives me hope. I had my eligibility interview for a building around the corner from Elton Crossing (Bronx Commons) at the end of Sept. Turned in more paperwork in October and a couple of weeks ago, had to notarize something about additional income. So now it's the waiting game. How did you know when the paperwork was sent off for approval? You were notified or you called?

my building doesn't look very close to being occupied. construction goes on and on
I got my call today that I was approved so that was about a week or so after my finalized papers were submitted to HPD. I’m very excited !! I have hope and prayer for everyone including myself still. This building still needs some final work like to the laundry room and what not but the super told me there’s only 200 units in the building so that’s actually not too bad.

Now it’s jus a matter of miraculously getting my deposit together lol.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:22 PM

16 posts, read 9,871 times
To speak on the actual unit, a floor plan was provided to me after speaking with the ppl who were originally handling my paperwork. Overall the unit was amazing! 1 bedroom very spacious (for me at least). Dishwasher & microwave installed. There’s an intercom that has a camera so I can see who’s coming in. There’s a nighttime concierge as well. The laundry room was also shown to me and that was also a plus for me personally.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:10 PM

20 posts, read 16,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katany View Post
Hi did you get the apartment?They also emailed me for additional documents and wrote me they got it.
They sent my file to HPD for approval but it’s been almost a month now since I heard anything.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 PM

25 posts, read 54,472 times
anyone else on waiting list?

Old 12-03-2019, 03:06 AM

172 posts, read 151,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoNYC23 View Post
Noircat, you've been waiting 6 months since you applied? are those buildings in Harlem ready for move-in? I don't think mine is yet, but would just love to know that I'm approved and a move is imminent (currently live in a pre-war building).

thanks for the info regarding next steps. hope it goes that far!
Hello!

The building I'm assigned to is ready for move in. I passed by 2 weeks ago and tenants have occupied the units. I am also assigned a unit. Just need to know if I'll be approved so I can get rid of this anxiety.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Old 12-03-2019, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 462 times
GM, I applied for a development and I have a log#of 902 plus i am a city employee with a 5% preference. I contacted the management company and they say the same thing its randomly selected ( which i'm tired of hearing) has anyone had a log # in the 900's and have been selected? the development says tenant selection in progress i'm trying not to harass them. I applied to multiple units and nothing which is very discouraging.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 AM

94 posts, read 107,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMichelle122 View Post
I got my call today that I was approved so that was about a week or so after my finalized papers were submitted to HPD. I’m very excited !! I have hope and prayer for everyone including myself still. This building still needs some final work like to the laundry room and what not but the super told me there’s only 200 units in the building so that’s actually not too bad.

Now it’s jus a matter of miraculously getting my deposit together lol.
Congratulations!! So are they still letting you have December's rent for free? I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to figure out if/when they will approve me, how long I have to move in (I need to give current apartment a 30-day notice to get out of lease) and then also coming up with a down payment.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 AM

94 posts, read 107,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrcaraballo10 View Post
Happy Holidays to all, I’m new to this thread. I am also waiting for a response for the status of my interview. It would be a blessing to get into this building. A GAME CHANGER YAH.....I’m hoping to be contacted soon. I emailed the rep from lemle and Wolfe so I get back to yah and post an up date, soon as I hear something my prayers to all of those who been called for interviews for this magnificent building and to those with future interviews. Just getting an opportunity for an interview was a blessing for me and my grandkids. Thanks lemle and Wolfe. Log # 8xxxx.

P.s building still under construction.
Good luck! do you have any preference? Your log # is pretty high but you got an interview, so that's good. I'm sure they did not interview 80,000 people before you

I have a relatively low log # and have CB preference, so good signs for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery