Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 06:06 AM

233 posts, read 403,326 times

Advertisements

Thanks, justchris82. This is helpful. I wonder if you can take a class even though you've got a high number. If they give you little time to close, I would think they would want you to have everything financial ready to go.

Thanks again to everyone for keeping us updated!

hkcg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 02:30 PM

64 posts, read 176,793 times
I went to check my status online today and it says I am not found on any waiting list. Is anyone else having this problem? I hope it is just a glitch. I've noticed in the past, they have had glitches right before they are about to update this list. Anyway it had me paranoid, so I called, and was as soon as I said the words "waiting list" on the phone I was more or less hung up on. I called a couple of times and was transferred to people that either didn't exist, or the Education Director (Mario).

Anyway, has anyone tried checking their status today, and if so, what are the results? I hope they are in the process of updating or something and that's why it can't find me. I'm acting like a fiend about this waiting list but when I read on here that people in the 300s were being called already, I've started to get my hopes up

Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,267,807 times
I am a resident of Penn South and am on another waiting list for a parking space. I just tried to log in and check my status and got an error--so it seems to be a problem with the site. I'd wait it out.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:34 AM

128 posts, read 227,525 times
waiting4chelsea2, I checked this morning and got the same message as you did yesterday. I wouldn't worry about it. we should check back in a few days.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:40 AM

430 posts, read 506,347 times
Yep, I was checking my status this morning too and received the same message. feel better that other people are encountering the same thing.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:56 AM

Anyone have any luck checking the waiting list recently? I'm still getting the same message

Old 04-18-2016, 12:29 PM

430 posts, read 506,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4chelsea2 View Post
Anyone have any luck checking the waiting list recently? I'm still getting the same message
i've been checking on and off the last week. At some point midweek, all the links on Penn South Site just went to a straight error message. the map links, more information link, all of it just coding error message.
But I checked Saturday and at least it looks improved in that the links went somewhere. Sadly, though the inquiry status was still coming back with not found message.

Figure they will need to fix up the website soon enough.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 PM

Looks like there are still problems. The shareholder portion of the website isn't accessible from what I can tell, and the external waiting list is offline. Hopefully they are just updating it and ironing out the kinks in their site. I'm grateful they even offer the service, instead of having to actually send a certified letter or visit the management office to check the wait list, like other developments.

could you imagine if they "lost" the wait list though? That has happened at other places. I think Lindsay Park's (if I remember correctly) wait list just disappeared. I'd be devastated!

Old 05-04-2016, 10:57 AM

154 posts, read 287,957 times
Think someone hacked in to manipulate the list? I totally picture this, sadly.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
Think someone hacked in to manipulate the list? I totally picture this, sadly.
that would be crazy. possible but I'm not sure. I think most likely they were in the process of updating the list online and something happened. I've been obsessed with checking every quarter and it seems whenever they are in the process of an update there are some problems with the site, but never for this long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery