Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 AM

128 posts, read 227,714 times

Advertisements

I called the office last week. The person who answered the phone said the list would be updated at the end of February. I asked what happened to the "quarterly updates"? She replied that this was the info she was given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 08:30 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,923,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY343 View Post
I hope there is another opportunity to open up again down the line!
Me too!!! Still so mad at myself.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:52 AM

233 posts, read 404,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
I called the office last week. The person who answered the phone said the list would be updated at the end of February. I asked what happened to the "quarterly updates"? She replied that this was the info she was given.
Thanks for contacting the office, mrspeel77. I wouldn't check the site every quarter, but they said that they update it quarterly. It seems to be inconsistent. But that's ok. I guess I'm just curious!

Thanks again!

hkcg

Old 02-04-2016, 06:24 AM

Hi All,

I just checked the list; they updated it yesterday. The studio list only moved 4 places. It's disappointing, but I guess it varies each quarter. And I know that the list is actually moving faster than in years past, so I'm just happy to be on it!

Check it out!

hkcg

Old 02-04-2016, 06:49 AM

128 posts, read 227,714 times
Thanks! I just checked and moved up 11 spots on the one bedroom/no preference. Works for me!

Old 02-04-2016, 06:27 PM

430 posts, read 509,872 times
Moved up 23 spots for 2BR. All a waiting game...

Old 02-05-2016, 07:23 AM

154 posts, read 291,009 times
We're now at #441 on the 2-bed list. The 2-bedroom list moved 88 spots in four quarters. Quite a lot of movement, I wonder if it will be typical or if it moved faster this first year somehow.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:44 AM

64 posts, read 177,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi All,

I just checked the list; they updated it yesterday. The studio list only moved 4 places. It's disappointing, but I guess it varies each quarter. And I know that the list is actually moving faster than in years past, so I'm just happy to be on it!

Check it out!

hkcg
Yeah, I moved up 4 places on the studio list. I'm in the low 400s now, I think I originally started at 485 or 495. I notified them of a change of address and they sent me back a letter confirming they have updated their records, which was great. Even if it takes a little while, I like how responsive they are. I hope they stay on top of the quarterly updates and even more so, hope I get called to come in when I get the mid 300s like some people on here!

Old 02-10-2016, 06:48 AM

Hi,

Now that the list has been updated, I'm wondering if anyone has received the financial information from Capital One that Penn South said that they may send out to the next 50 people on the wait list.

They may have decided not to use Capital One, but if anyone has more information, please let us know. Some of you who are now on the inside may have more information.

Thanks!

hkcg

Old 02-19-2016, 03:13 PM

31 posts, read 58,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi,

Now that the list has been updated, I'm wondering if anyone has received the financial information from Capital One that Penn South said that they may send out to the next 50 people on the wait list.

They may have decided not to use Capital One, but if anyone has more information, please let us know. Some of you who are now on the inside may have more information.

Thanks!

hkcg
I haven't seen anything recently in the minutes, but you can always try to email Mario Mazzoni, the one who was supposed to send the letters out. His email address is education@pennsouth.coop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery