Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 03:24 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,746,875 times

Advertisements

Sub-2000! No preference. The world is messing with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 03:31 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,746,875 times
...What I wish these buildings would do is have open houses after the lottery numbers come out. It's silly to make you go through the whole qualification process when you might take a look at the building or the model apartment and say no thanks. I guess it's hard because the building may not be completed, but they could probably save themselves a fair amount of wasted time processing applications from people who if they could just see the apartment would remove themselves from the process.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:47 PM

174 posts, read 312,177 times
73xx with mobility disability preference. I wonder if ill be contacted as I only qualify for 14 of the units. I do think it would be nice to have the floor plans at least available. 15 Bridge Park drive did an open house, but I think they were a bit shady in that they showed two different plans and the ones that seem to be offered to non-market rate people are the terrible layouts.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM

494 posts, read 558,746 times
I'm 25xxx. This sucks they don't have many opportunities in my income bracket.... i make a little over the $43,860 which is max income bracket for most lotteries for 1 person. Not close enough to rent a studio but still too much to be included in the majority of the housing lotteries.

I'm off to eat a pint of ice cream. LOL

Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 PM

86 posts, read 91,391 times
Congratulations !! And thank you for this ! I just finished the entire process as well and signed a pre-lease - waiting for orientation to see the apartment. They assigned me a X unit also above the 50th floor and this description of the apartment was very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoIt_521 View Post
Thank you!

The total amount of time was about 4 months (Nov-Feb).

I've only seen the one apartment/line I'm in so I don't know how it compares to other studios but for me, it doesn't feel small-- it feels roomy. It doesn't feel like the shoebox studios you see in NY--everyone who's visited has said it's a very spacious studio. You have a lot of storage (cabinets are big and this line has the only walk-in closet in addition to a nice size second closet) and just overall space to move around. I am very content with my studio.

Unfortunately, I don't know about the subleasing protocols.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:08 AM

233 posts, read 403,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeow18 View Post
I was wondering why the price for the studio increases each time I was called to view the apartment. It's already a few thousand dollars more this month compare to when I was first called to view the apartment in Sept 2018. So I went and checked on the Penn South website and found out " The purchase price (equity) for each apartment is determined by the number of rooms. As of February 2019, the equity per room is $32,438.88. For example, the equity for a three-and-a-half room apartment would be $113,952.89. This amount increases monthly. "

Do any of you know the price increases monthly?
I'm not living there yet, but I know that they had a major HVAC overhaul within the last ten or so years, which made the prices go up, but I don't know about anything recently. Maybe there is a new project in the works? Just speculation on my part.

I hope you get the apartment! Good luck!

hkcg

Old 04-08-2019, 01:06 PM

12 posts, read 16,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I knew that from the model pictures when they were first released. they had a couch literally in front of the stove

did u wind up getting a apt bigger or goin to another building overall?

No, I asked them to put me on the wait list which is a long shot.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:49 PM

58 posts, read 109,650 times
BG doesnt seem to be moving as fast with the next batch of people.. probably busy working on other projects/buildings?

Old 04-09-2019, 10:00 AM

11 posts, read 14,825 times
Anyone else was approved or asked for more documents?

Old 04-09-2019, 10:11 AM

69 posts, read 100,992 times
After my bank deposit clarification, I was asked for more documents specific to my case. They are being very nit picky, meticulously going through everything. I was asked to also submit bank statements that I already submitted, but they claimed that I didn't submit. At this point I'm just giving what they want when they ask. That's all I can do. Again, it's I'm God's hands.

Anyone else have anything to share?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery