Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 10:59 AM

60 posts, read 66,695 times

Advertisements

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 12:23 PM

37 posts, read 57,949 times
I was wondering why the price for the studio increases each time I was called to view the apartment. It's already a few thousand dollars more this month compare to when I was first called to view the apartment in Sept 2018. So I went and checked on the Penn South website and found out " The purchase price (equity) for each apartment is determined by the number of rooms. As of February 2019, the equity per room is $32,438.88. For example, the equity for a three-and-a-half room apartment would be $113,952.89. This amount increases monthly. "

Do any of you know the price increases monthly?

Old 03-27-2019, 03:21 PM

26 posts, read 62,971 times
Hey@ PRETTYK! Hope all is well. I just wanted send some words of encouragement to you and everyone still waiting. I was a nervous wreck with this whole process. Getting meant more to me than anyone could ever imagine. Smh. I’m really hoping that they get a move on with everyone’s paperwork so you get a chance to experience living here. I signed my lease on 3/15 and moved in on Saturday. The building is more then ready for occupancy. Just construction on the outside grounds. The apartments are NOT watered down. I have a spacious 2 bed/2 bath. I honestly still can’t believe it. Just keep in having faith...good vibes....whatever that keeps you believing and feeling hopeful! Lol

Old 03-27-2019, 04:19 PM

24 posts, read 28,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMi View Post
Was contacted for interview, original log# was in mid 5,000 range. This for 1530 bldg and their open dates to interview applicants is listed from 4/5-4/18. Will update next month.

*CB preference.
I am still waiting for a callback ... I have a low number and anxious lol. This would be my 4th callback ... hopefully, this one has an approval!

Old 03-27-2019, 07:21 PM

14 posts, read 30,195 times
Congrats @Hello40Kitty !!!!

Old 03-27-2019, 07:26 PM

69 posts, read 100,985 times
Default Congrats hello40kitty!!!!

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! @HELLO40KITTY CONGRATS to you sweetie! You deserve it! I am so HAPPY for you! There is hope! I am still waiting. I was asked for updated documents,2018 tax returns etc. I gave EVERYTHING THAT WAS REQUESTED. She tried to purposely argue with me and over talk me about nonsense. I don't want to get too detailed here, but she was purposely trying to get me to withdraw my application. I remained polite and professional. I stayed strong, because I qualify for an apartment. She claimed that I was missing documents that I personally dropped off and triple checked myself and demanded that I get it to her immediately or else....No worries, I made copies, so I faxed the documents asap that she claimed that I didn't have. Today she asked for detailed explanations of deposits in my bank accounts. I will give it to her tomorrow. There is really nothing else that I can do. I have no idea why she is doing this, but I have done my part to submit my documents and submit them BEFORE every deadline. So we'll see

But yes, CONGRATS to you!!!! I will share any developments as soon as I know!

Thanks for the wonderful update! CONGRATS!!!

Last edited by PRETTYK; 03-27-2019 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Typo's

Old 03-28-2019, 08:27 AM

58 posts, read 109,647 times
Wow sounds like an absolute dream! I recently sent in all my updated documents so just waiting and hoping! Getting this apartment would change my life and relieve alot of stress! I'm sure the same for everyone else.. which is why I'm so anxious throughout this process! Praying for all of us!!

Old 03-28-2019, 12:00 PM

69 posts, read 100,985 times
Yes,we all are patiently waiting while trying to comply with what is asked of us. Stay faithful.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:20 PM

26 posts, read 62,971 times
Thank you @jani9001 and @PRETTYK! I know it’s not easy with each day going by and not knowing what the hell is going on. I hated it! But, it sounds like you guys are definitely keeping on top of things. I am really hoping and praying that they get a move on with the paperwork. I feel like because the bulk of the preferences are given to CB, they’re probably a bit over their heads with work. The only thing I can say is that there seem to be plenty of apartments. I’m the only one on my floor. But, I think I’m the only lottery apartment on my floor. I snooped around into the other apartments! Lmao! They were all high end appliances so I knew those were market rent. So I’m pretty sure the lottery apartments are kinda scattered about.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:54 PM

36 posts, read 86,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello40Kitty View Post
Thank you @jani9001 and @PRETTYK! I know it’s not easy with each day going by and not knowing what the hell is going on. I hated it! But, it sounds like you guys are definitely keeping on top of things. I am really hoping and praying that they get a move on with the paperwork. I feel like because the bulk of the preferences are given to CB, they’re probably a bit over their heads with work. The only thing I can say is that there seem to be plenty of apartments. I’m the only one on my floor. But, I think I’m the only lottery apartment on my floor. I snooped around into the other apartments! Lmao! They were all high end appliances so I knew those were market rent. So I’m pretty sure the lottery apartments are kinda scattered about.
You don't have high end appliances ? what kind ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery