Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2023, 08:07 PM

10 posts, read 8,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
My daughter was in the 120 range on the "active applications only" list for a one-bedroom. She was called to see apartments in January 2022.

Maybe someone more recent will reply!
Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2023, 09:36 PM

41 posts, read 57,026 times
Quote:
Wow, congrats, ChelseaRez! I just looked at the floor plans, and I see what you're talking about. It's a very unique and great layout! The private balcony looks wonderful. Did you have to hire movers, or were you able to do it all yourself, since you moved within the building?
Hi! My spouse and I moved everything ourselves. The sofa was the most difficult, but relatively quick and painless! We didn’t have to move appliances or a bed. Just a million boxes!

Old 02-27-2023, 09:47 PM

41 posts, read 57,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
Hey Chelsea, congrats! How long did you have to wait? May I ask what number you were?
Thanks DBLEA88! I waited about 3.5 years (after waiting 3 years before I could request an internal transfer) but was particular about what I wanted. It’s best to be specific though, if you really have preferences. It comes down to how many people want a particular apartment. I was 12 on some lists, then 8, the eventually I was #5 for the one I got. On the PS Internal waitlist iI was at about #59, but I’m not certain how accurate that is.

Old 02-28-2023, 02:59 PM

83 posts, read 62,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaRez View Post
Thanks DBLEA88! I waited about 3.5 years (after waiting 3 years before I could request an internal transfer) but was particular about what I wanted. It’s best to be specific though, if you really have preferences. It comes down to how many people want a particular apartment. I was 12 on some lists, then 8, the eventually I was #5 for the one I got. On the PS Internal waitlist iI was at about #59, but I’m not certain how accurate that is.
Ohh okay. You had an internal transfer.

I'm on the list for the studio since 2019. It's been going fast lately, but I'm hoping by next year I can be closer.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 03-03-2023 at 05:27 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 08:34 AM

5,713 posts, read 2,631,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
Ohh okay. You had an internal transfer.

I'm on the list for the studio since 2019. It's been going fast lately, but I'm hoping by next year I can be closer.
I'm also on the studio list. Not many on here seem to be on the studio list. A lot for the one bedrooms. Please keep me updated on your process. I think with the holds I'm still double your number.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 03-03-2023 at 05:27 AM..

Old 03-01-2023, 08:56 AM

83 posts, read 62,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I'm also on the studio list. Not many on here seem to be on the studio list. A lot for the one bedrooms. Please keep me updated on your process. I think with the holds I'm still double your number.
Yea I noticed that. Will do. Have you climbed up in recent months or years?

Old 03-04-2023, 09:36 AM

7 posts, read 8,069 times
Does anyone have info about the MTA construction occurring on West 28th Street--specifically:

-What is the approximate timing of completion?
-How bad is the noise in the nearby units during the day when construction is active?

Old 03-04-2023, 09:48 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,597,750 times
Here's some info about the West 28th Street construction. I'm not sure about the hours of construction and noise levels. It's supposed to last 39 months. Penn South is still fighting it, and in the event the project continues, the board voted to hire its own engineering firm to monitor the work. For more info, you can try emailing w28thoutreach@mtacd.org.

https://new.mta.info/project/west-28...eet-substation

Also, this: MTA to Replace Subway Ventilation Along Eighth Avenue

Work areas span from West 23rd to West 25th streets

The Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) will be repairing the subway ventilation along the 23rd Street Station on the Eighth Avenue Line, which services the C and E trains (and the A train during late nights). The work is scheduled to begin in February 2023 and last approximately two years.

Old 03-04-2023, 12:31 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,670,514 times
Quote:
Here's some info about the West 28th Street construction. I'm not sure about the hours of construction and noise levels. It's supposed to last 39 months. Penn South is still fighting it, and in the event the project continues, the board voted to hire its own engineering firm to monitor the work. For more info, you can try emailing w28thoutreach@mtacd.org.

https://new.mta.info/project/west-28...eet-substation

Also, this: MTA to Replace Subway Ventilation Along Eighth Avenue

Work areas span from West 23rd to West 25th streets

The Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) will be repairing the subway ventilation along the 23rd Street Station on the Eighth Avenue Line, which services the C and E trains (and the A train during late nights). The work is scheduled to begin in February 2023 and last approximately two years.
Updated March 3, 2023. Previous updates are dated links on the bottom of the page.
‘ 39 months; 24 months of street-level work’, ‘ Scheduled completion September 2025’, ‘ Project benefits
Faster, more frequent, more reliable service on the A, C, and E’

Penn South is wise to be concerned but with a cooperative (no pun intended) attitude the outcome might be better and/or faster. And, perhaps better mitigation during the project.

‘

Old 03-05-2023, 02:16 PM

7 posts, read 8,069 times
Thanks everyone for your responses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery