Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2020, 02:34 PM

430 posts, read 504,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaDaDa View Post
I can’t believe we lost the 2014 thread!
Anyway, did anybody check the waiting list lately?
I can’t access the system using my old 1-bedroom number or my new transferred new 2-bedrooms number. Does anybody know when did the 2 bedroom list get updated?
Thanks!
the 2 BR list hasn't been update since feb of last year. i'm closing next week and the list still has me near triple digit position. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 09:46 AM

6 posts, read 9,465 times
same today. Cannot log in

Old 02-11-2020, 01:37 PM

waiting list page is up again. updated
still wrong. at least for me, it is.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:46 PM

15 posts, read 21,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
waiting list page is up again. updated
still wrong. at least for me, it is.
I'm on the studio list and it's all messed up. It says there are 0 external applicants ahead of me but my number is in the 80's. It still says it hasn't been updated since last year and the information about how many apartments turned over is still from 2017. Also, there are no 2019 numbers. I don't understand how there are almost 50 people from 1998 (and a few from earlier)still on the list with active applications.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,632 times
Default Got form to confirm 2 bedroom no balcony list 2014 wait list

Hi All,

thanks so much to everyone for posting with info!

I just received a letter from Penn South today asking that I resubmit my app with 2 bedroom no balcony only. On original app I had requested either bal or no bal, so I guess they are asking all those that requested either to resubmit app as they had previously requested balcony only to resubmit app.

Not sure where this will move us on list, but when I last viewed the list many months ago (maybe early 2019) I was only about 10 behind DreamerNYC on the no balcony/either preference but had never been called to see an apt, so was hoping this was the year we would get to at least view an apt!

Also, I tried to get onto the online wait list just now and it gave error message of incorrect info, reenter info, so I'm guessing until I resubmit my application, I won't be able to see where I am on list.

Just grateful that I'm still on list as I had sent Carmen a letter and email last year and never gotten a response. I think previous year I had sent Carmen letter and gotten response that I was around 80, though I was listed in the low 100's on the website.

Anyway, good luck to all. Hang in there, and congrats to all who have gotten an apt (DreamerNYC, that's you and thanks for all your informative posts!

Old 02-13-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridus View Post
Hi All,

thanks so much to everyone for posting with info!

I just received a letter from Penn South today asking that I resubmit my app with 2 bedroom no balcony only. On original app I had requested either bal or no bal, so I guess they are asking all those that requested either to resubmit app as they had previously requested balcony only to resubmit app.

Not sure where this will move us on list, but when I last viewed the list many months ago (maybe early 2019) I was only about 10 behind DreamerNYC on the no balcony/either preference but had never been called to see an apt, so was hoping this was the year we would get to at least view an apt!

Also, I tried to get onto the online wait list just now and it gave error message of incorrect info, reenter info, so I'm guessing until I resubmit my application, I won't be able to see where I am on list.

Just grateful that I'm still on list as I had sent Carmen a letter and email last year and never gotten a response. I think previous year I had sent Carmen letter and gotten response that I was around 80, though I was listed in the low 100's on the website.

Anyway, good luck to all. Hang in there, and congrats to all who have gotten an apt (DreamerNYC, that's you and thanks for all your informative posts!
Thanks! We closed this afternoon and funny enough as we’re going back to our place my wife said there won’t be any excitement about checking the mail.

Walked int and checked the mail and there was a letter from Penn South. Asking us to resubmit our application since we had initially chose the “with/without balcony” option.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:49 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
^^^ That is a riot! Congrats on closing!!!

Old 02-13-2020, 04:56 PM

106 posts, read 177,588 times
Congratulations, Dreamernyc!

Old 02-13-2020, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,632 times
Dreamernyc,

congrats to you and spouse on your closing. hope you have a wonderful life at Penn South!

Really funny that you got the form to resubmit your app on the day you closed!

I'm filling out my form tonite, getting it notarized tomorrow, and sending it on its way!

Old 02-15-2020, 05:50 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,682,286 times
Anyone else keep looking at the apartment layouts? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery