Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 06:17 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,692,106 times

Advertisements

That's most likely a question you'll have to ask them. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM

132 posts, read 220,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsouth01 View Post
Hi everyone hope you guys staying home and safe. Anyone knows if I can allowed guest at Penn South for 2-3 months?My parents sometimes come to visit me from FL. Is that will be a problem?

Guests are permitted but you cannot accept any sort of payment for their stay. Doing so is grounds for eviction. If they stay more than six months I think they must also be listed as a resident on your next income affidavit and their income will be factored into whether you pay a higher carrying charge.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:32 PM

14 posts, read 18,104 times
Update if you log in to your application:

UPDATE FOR 2019 LOTTERY APPLICANTS
The Penn South Management Office is in the final stages of reviewing and processing applications for people whose entries were drawn in the 2019 lotteries for studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom apartments.

We apologize for this delay. The task has taken longer than expected, and we have experienced further delays amid the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. Management Office staff are currently working remotely, but rest assured that we are making progress and are reaching the conclusion of this project.
Some people have asked how to log into the website to view their position. Note: 2019 applicants have not yet been added to the waiting lists. This will occur once all applications have been reviewed. As soon as these applicants have been added to the waiting lists we will send an email notification to applicants letting them know how to log in and view their position on the website.

Thank you for your patience, and stay safe!

Old 04-12-2020, 01:40 PM

106 posts, read 178,978 times
That's great news! Thank you, Volleyballbob.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:52 PM

30 posts, read 59,543 times
Anybody hearing anything?

Old 04-30-2020, 07:54 PM

67 posts, read 106,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye212 View Post
Anybody hearing anything?
This was posted a few days ago.
Note to 2019 Lottery Applicants
The Penn South Management Office is nearly finished with the review of all 2019 lottery applications. Like everything else in New York City our operation was upended by the COVID-19 coronavirus emergency. Projects were put temporarily on hold as we transitioned our entire Management Office staff to working remotely, and some people were re-directed to focus on health and safety matters related to this emergency.

Please be assured that we have made progress and are nearly complete with the review of 2019 lottery applications. As soon as this is complete will will send an email to all applicants with information on how to log-in and track their positions online. Thank you for your patience.
Give it some more time.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:52 PM

Does anyone know if Penn South requires 2 or 1 year of tax returns? How do they treat self-employed people? Do they scrutinize bank accounts like 80/20 buildings? Do they look at adjusted gross income or something else? I have nothing to hide but am mentally preparing myself for the headache if they do lol.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:17 PM

430 posts, read 508,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
Does anyone know if Penn South requires 2 or 1 year of tax returns? How do they treat self-employed people? Do they scrutinize bank accounts like 80/20 buildings? Do they look at adjusted gross income or something else? I have nothing to hide but am mentally preparing myself for the headache if they do lol.
2 years taxes. they look at AGI. My partner is self-employed and i'm a W2 (married, joint return) but they mostly looked at the numbers on the tax return to make sure you fall within the appropriate income bracket. Didn't comb through our bank records since we fall within the bracket.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:27 PM

Oh, okay. Sounds easy! So just taxes and they look at AGI even if self-employed. Thanks

Old 05-01-2020, 11:19 PM

30 posts, read 59,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseasminesnow View Post
This was posted a few days ago.
Note to 2019 Lottery Applicants
The Penn South Management Office is nearly finished with the review of all 2019 lottery applications. Like everything else in New York City our operation was upended by the COVID-19 coronavirus emergency. Projects were put temporarily on hold as we transitioned our entire Management Office staff to working remotely, and some people were re-directed to focus on health and safety matters related to this emergency.

Please be assured that we have made progress and are nearly complete with the review of 2019 lottery applications. As soon as this is complete will will send an email to all applicants with information on how to log-in and track their positions online. Thank you for your patience.
Give it some more time.
Yes I saw that I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything else useful. I hope the community is doing okay. I imagine any kind of showings are going to become very difficult. I’ve also wondered if any of their financial requirements might change given the current situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery