Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2023, 11:12 AM

154 posts, read 287,526 times

Advertisements

Congratualtions bosco_! So thrilled for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 03:09 PM

83 posts, read 61,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawag77 View Post
I just want to point out that people on the one bedroom list have consistently talked about having sometimes really high numbers and still being called to view, but that this does not seem to be the case for 2 bedroom lists. If I recall correctly, it sounds like people on the 2 bedroom have to get into the single digits on the wait list before getting called to view apartments. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it helps to manage expectations for folks like me who are on the 2 bedroom list....it's gonna be waaaaay longer for us it seems.
How about for studios?

Old 07-07-2023, 02:44 PM

23 posts, read 23,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco_ View Post
You are absolutely right, lalawag77! I definitely should have made that distinction, I am only speaking to my experience with the 1-BEDROOM waiting list...that 2-bedroom list is complete molasses! I really hope you can get in soon.
LOL molasses indeed!!!! Thanks!

Old 07-08-2023, 08:52 AM

20 posts, read 17,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
Congratualtions bosco_! So thrilled for you!
Thanks mollybloom! Hope the remainder of the process goes smoothly, will keep you all posted

Old 07-09-2023, 12:32 PM

22 posts, read 28,648 times
Default Supplemental AC

With summer heat now here, I’m curious about the AC in the apartments. I understand the dual system helps cool down an apartment, but still might not get it quite comfortable for some. Can we put in our own window A/Cs or is this taken care of by the building for an additional charge?

Old 07-09-2023, 01:13 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
You can put in your own window units. But my daughter and her husband are happy with the PS HVAC units. Plus the building services them, which is convenient. When something goes wrong with them you don’t have to find your own repair person.

The only complication is when the system switches over from heating to cooling. In other words, PS has to keep the heat on throughout the official NYC “heat season,†when residents are guaranteed heat. So you may have a couple of hot days in late May when you’d want AC but it’s not available yet. But that hasn’t been a problem lately because PS got the AC going early.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:33 PM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Any updates from anyone on the Studio list or with a low number who may be called soon?

Old 07-13-2023, 07:47 PM

12 posts, read 11,624 times
they have been moving through the grace of god ive seen my numbers in the 20's so i say in a year most likely ill be out of my place and entering this one.

Old 07-13-2023, 07:53 PM

12 posts, read 11,624 times
i have bee reading this tread for almost a year now and i have to say I'm excited for all of us. I wish all of you safety and great graces. The only thing thats gonna be weird is being a kid from Brooklyn living in Chelsea now. spending more money is what I'm not excited about ...The cost of groceries, transportation, parking is crazyyyyyyyyyyy Jesus i saw that parking lot and $500 for the month is insane. But hey this what we want to be apart of right. I just need to know all the discounted areas to save a couple bucks lol. ....... love you all... good luck

Old 07-14-2023, 09:31 AM

5,678 posts, read 2,610,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbrury20002 View Post
they have been moving through the grace of god ive seen my numbers in the 20's so i say in a year most likely ill be out of my place and entering this one.
For what size apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery