Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2023, 07:58 AM

83 posts, read 61,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlip View Post
Wow, a studio has a balcony!? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2023, 11:42 AM

154 posts, read 286,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltedscrap View Post
Hi all! Got another letting last week saying we have fourth choice of THREE two-beds!
I'm faint with excitement for you! Congratuations! Did you turn down the last 2-bed you saw in September or did it go to someone else? Can you share what number you are in the external list? I'm number 14 (and from 2014 lottery just like you) so I'm super-curious if you're closer to number 1. Good luck, I've got a great feeling about these three apartments for you.

Old 11-14-2023, 06:42 PM

59 posts, read 56,472 times
Yes, VERY exciting. And gives those of us on the 2-bedroom list hope. Now wonder they didn't open up the 2-bedroom list this time if they are still working on the 2014 list.

Old 11-15-2023, 01:43 PM

19 posts, read 23,263 times
Smile touching base re 2 bedroom move-in

So, I'm in! Haven't fully moved in yet, the HVAC in the living room leaked and they are ripping up the floor to replace it...glad I called them about it. There is water damage.

I'm on the 3rd floor with an internal NW view from the LR overlooking pinwheel park, and north exposure for the other rooms. The LR gets late afternoon light- It's really nice...and quiet!! The other rooms not a lot of natural light- but that's fine with me...the 2 huge LR windows are wonderful!!

Best of luck to all. Feel free to message me- I'm more than happy to have Pethian, mollybloom, or others on the 2 bedroom list reach out!

Old 11-15-2023, 03:53 PM

SO happy for you. I walk past pinwheel park every day on my walk. The landscaping around that courtyard is lovely. I think you will enjoy it throughout the seasons. Big LR windows sounds like you wound up with D or J line in a double core bldg. If so, good for you!! Again, thrilled for you.

Old 11-15-2023, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkny14 View Post
So, I'm in! Haven't fully moved in yet, the HVAC in the living room leaked and they are ripping up the floor to replace it...glad I called them about it. There is water damage.

I'm on the 3rd floor with an internal NW view from the LR overlooking pinwheel park, and north exposure for the other rooms. The LR gets late afternoon light- It's really nice...and quiet!! The other rooms not a lot of natural light- but that's fine with me...the 2 huge LR windows are wonderful!!

Best of luck to all. Feel free to message me- I'm more than happy to have Pethian, mollybloom, or others on the 2 bedroom list reach out!
I'm sooo excited for you, @mkny14!!! It really happened after all these years! Thanks for the offer, I may just check in with you if I'm ever lucky enough to get an offer. May you enjoy your new home and the adventure of it all!

Old 11-15-2023, 09:21 PM

65 posts, read 38,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post

Brooklynkia, did you think reading this entire thread was worthwhile?

And if that wasn't enough excitement for you, here's a link to the "lost" 2014 PS lottery thread! If I'm curious, I like to click on a poster's name and Find all posts. Then I can see if the person ever got an apartment or not!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...sions-1-a.html
It was helpful. Especially because there is so much unknowns about the application and viewing process - but you're able to get a little insight from the many, many, many pages. The only thing is - I read it so quickly I'm already forgetting half of what I wrote.

I did also read through the 2014 thread LOL. What can I say - I'm excited!

Old 11-15-2023, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 3,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
I'm faint with excitement for you! Congratuations! Did you turn down the last 2-bed you saw in September or did it go to someone else? Can you share what number you are in the external list? I'm number 14 (and from 2014 lottery just like you) so I'm super-curious if you're closer to number 1. Good luck, I've got a great feeling about these three apartments for you.
molly - to answer your questions! Yes, I turned down a 2-bed in September; I am third on the external list of active applicants. This time around, I had fourth choice of three apartments and just sent in an acceptance email(!!). A resident and I were chatting, it seems a lot of the 2-beds are going to external applicants, so good reason to believe it'll be your turn soon!

Feel free to PM or reach out if you have questions. I check the forum sporadically but am happy to share updates, in hopes of offering transparency into the process.

Old 11-16-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltedscrap View Post
molly - to answer your questions! Yes, I turned down a 2-bed in September; I am third on the external list of active applicants. This time around, I had fourth choice of three apartments and just sent in an acceptance email(!!). A resident and I were chatting, it seems a lot of the 2-beds are going to external applicants, so good reason to believe it'll be your turn soon!

Feel free to PM or reach out if you have questions. I check the forum sporadically but am happy to share updates, in hopes of offering transparency into the process.
Woowww @beltedscrap, so happy for you! I hope you get the apartment you want! I'm 11 spots behind you on the external list so fingers crossed I'll join you in PS in 2024. Keep us posted!

Old 11-18-2023, 01:04 PM

Oh, boy, mollybloom, you are SO close! Exciting!

I am so grateful for this forum. It's literally a support system for this grueling process. Thanks to all who contribute to it and moderate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery