Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 01:00 PM

133 posts, read 142,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd2020 View Post
Thank you greatly for this information. I’ve been keeping my finances very simple. I rarely make large purchases or deposits. My credit is messed up mainly because of student loans so I hope they can bypass that. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Also congrats on receiving a low log # as well. Hope we both find success moving forward with our applications *Fingers Crossed*
Thank you! Do read the handbook, it is really helpful and if you appeal quoting it, it could save you time and unsavory moments with the reviewers. Do you mind sharing which lottery did you apply to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 01:53 PM

128 posts, read 136,420 times
I have student loans as well , but honestly speaking it really doesn’t matter much unless you got evicted before or constantly get fired from jobs ! Good luck just keep faith !

Old 06-09-2020, 02:01 PM

45 posts, read 60,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoore View Post
I have student loans as well , but honestly speaking it really doesn’t matter much unless you got evicted before or constantly get fired from jobs ! Good luck just keep faith !
Did they ever say why they rejected you those 3 times ? I’ve never been evicted or fired really.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:29 AM

I rejected the buildings , because I did it like the area and the others were after I already had my mind set up on my current apt that I’m waiting to sign the lease for , trust me you’ll do fine I’m working on my credit and still they didn’t reject me because of student loans or any of that

Old 06-10-2020, 11:34 AM

45 posts, read 60,900 times
Quote:
I rejected the buildings , because I did it like the area and the others were after I already had my mind set up on my current apt that I’m waiting to sign the lease for , trust me you’ll do fine I’m working on my credit and still they didn’t reject me because of student loans or any of that
Oh wow ! Okay well that gives me somewhat faith in my process as well. Just trying to be hopeful !

Old 06-10-2020, 05:30 PM

Yes keep faith , the process is long but apply to everything and when you get low numbers make sure you have your paper work ; and don’t complicate your money , they will reject you for having a bunch of random transactions on your account quicker than for your student loans so if you do a lot of cash app stuff just stop while you are ahead because then they will think someone will be able to help you and other things !

Old 06-11-2020, 04:34 PM

159 posts, read 234,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd2020 View Post
Thank you greatly for this information. I’ve been keeping my finances very simple. I rarely make large purchases or deposits. My credit is messed up mainly because of student loans so I hope they can bypass that. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Also congrats on receiving a low log # as well. Hope we both find success moving forward with our applications *Fingers Crossed*
Okay I emailed someone regarding your credit issue. There are 4 things they look for when doing your credit check (Housing court/Evictions, Bankruptcies/ Delinquencies, Collections(above$5,000), Credit Score 580 & Above) They pay no mind to any student loans or Medical bills on your credit score) My credit is also messed up due to my student loans but I was approved by the Marketing Agent & HPD.. GOOD LUCK YOU GOT THIS

Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM

133 posts, read 142,603 times
Quote:
Yes keep faith , the process is long but apply to everything and when you get low numbers make sure you have your paper work ; and don’t complicate your money , they will reject you for having a bunch of random transactions on your account quicker than for your student loans so if you do a lot of cash app stuff just stop while you are ahead because then they will think someone will be able to help you and other things !
Quick question, I was just notified that the agent has contacted my employer for employment verification. After confirmation do they send it to review for compliance within their own organization or send the application to HDP for approval? This is a bit confusing to me tbh.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: