Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:10 AM

45 posts, read 60,859 times

Advertisements

Hey been using housing connect for 2 years now and finally got a email saying I’m eligible and they want to move forward with this project on 5/20. My Log #7x with no preference. I emailed all my documents on 5/27 that I have. They reached out to me and said they received them on 6/1. What’s next ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 06:45 AM

128 posts, read 136,327 times
Yes lottery numbers under 100 always have a very high chance just be patient you should hear something back when your application is going for approval though hpd ! Just takes like a month to hear back

Old 06-09-2020, 06:50 AM

34 posts, read 37,190 times
congrats! which lottery?

Old 06-09-2020, 07:18 AM

133 posts, read 142,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd2020 View Post
Hey been using housing connect for 2 years now and finally got a email saying I’m eligible and they want to move forward with this project on 5/20. My Log #7x with no preference. I emailed all my documents on 5/27 that I have. They reached out to me and said they received them on 6/1. What’s next ?
As missmoore mentioned, log # below 100 almost always have a shot if contacted, but then again it depends on the number of units available and the number of preferential units, but we are on a very unique situation now, people losing their jobs, making less money and the overall uncertainty that this pandemic has brought have made some people ineligible or rethinking moving.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:59 AM

Yes lottery numbers under 100 always have a very high chance just be patient you should hear something back when your application is going for approval though hpd ! Just takes like a month to hear back

Old 06-09-2020, 09:08 AM

Yea lot of people are getting rejected because of loss of income and a lot of people are just not accepting apts because they cannot afford them if you’ve held your job down or have the steady income coming in I would say go for it chances are very high ; I just actually rejected 3 different buildings ; two of which I had really high numbers and was wait listed and one I just don’t wanna go so far cause I work in Manhattan ; but mainly because the one building I really liked approved me and in just waiting on a lease signing , so put yourself out there put it in your head that it’s yours and submit docs and any other info they need

Old 06-09-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoore View Post
Yea lot of people are getting rejected because of loss of income and a lot of people are just not accepting apts because they cannot afford them if you’ve held your job down or have the steady income coming in I would say go for it chances are very high ; I just actually rejected 3 different buildings ; two of which I had really high numbers and was wait listed and one I just don’t wanna go so far cause I work in Manhattan ; but mainly because the one building I really liked approved me and in just waiting on a lease signing , so put yourself out there put it in your head that it’s yours and submit docs and any other info they need
Congrats!!! Great to hear success stories it makes you feel hopeful. Only one thing I’m worried about is my credit is really not the best. Damn student loans. You think they’ll reject me based off that. I’ve never been evicted or went to jail. Ugh

Old 06-09-2020, 10:32 AM

133 posts, read 142,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd2020 View Post
Congrats!!! Great to hear success stories it makes you feel hopeful. Only one thing I’m worried about is my credit is really not the best. Damn student loans. You think they’ll reject me based off that. I’ve never been evicted or went to jail. Ugh
I think you should read the marketing handbook, it has been a lifesaver for me. I also have a log # below 90 and this is my first time moving forward with an application, I have already appealed and won disqualification twice! so the process can be quite challenging, therefore, it pays off to be ready.

One of the best advice that I have received from other forum readers is to keep my finances simple, and it does help. Avoid making unnecessary deposits into your account, avoid at all cost using, especially receiving payments through cash app, apple pay etc. i have a weird tendency to always open several online savings account if they offer good interest rates and they have come under heavy scrutiny during this process, so yeah, keep finances simple. They are always looking for reasons to disqualify applicants and even 1 dollar above the income range would disqualify you and income-related disqualifications are the toughest one to appeal if you ask me.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 06-09-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
I think you should read the marketing handbook, it has been a lifesaver for me. I also have a log # below 90 and this is my first time moving forward with an application, I have already appealed and won disqualification twice! so the process can be quite challenging, therefore, it pays off to be ready.

One of the best advice that I have received from other forum readers is to keep my finances simple, and it does help. Avoid making unnecessary deposits into your account, avoid at all cost using, especially receiving payments through cash app, apple pay etc. i have a weird tendency to always open several online savings account if they offer good interest rates and they have come under heavy scrutiny during this process, so yeah, keep finances simple. They are always looking for reasons to disqualify applicants and even 1 dollar above the income range would disqualify you and income-related disqualifications are the toughest one to appeal if you ask me.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf
Thank you greatly for this information. I’ve been keeping my finances very simple. I rarely make large purchases or deposits. My credit is messed up mainly because of student loans so I hope they can bypass that. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Also congrats on receiving a low log # as well. Hope we both find success moving forward with our applications *Fingers Crossed*

Old 06-09-2020, 12:58 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,779,027 times
Read the marketing handbook; there are alternatives to credit scores (depending on how low the score is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: