Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 07:13 AM

18 posts, read 28,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Interesting, 3rd party would indicate someone else other than HPD and the marketing agent. Well, as long as everything is legit you should not worry too much.
Yea everything is legit, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 08:47 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
The marketing agent didn't tell me about the third party other than HPD. I wonder whether this is a new system to crosscheck everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocynn View Post
Im having the same issue, i submitted everything 05/15. I called on 6/3 and they said my file is in review by third party. Wondering if the third party is HPD. Not sure whats taking so long. I see most people get accepted pretty fast.
Yeah, everything is legit. My TIC that was submitted to HPD was uploaded in to my Housing Connect 2.0 account so it's pretty transparent. Also, I was already shown the unit assigned to me & I accepted it. This point, I only wait for the HPD approval & sign the lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Interesting, 3rd party would indicate someone else other than HPD and the marketing agent. Well, as long as everything is legit you should not worry too much.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:41 AM

325 posts, read 394,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
The marketing agent didn't tell me about the third party other than HPD. I wonder whether this is a new system to crosscheck everything.

Yeah, everything is legit. My TIC that was submitted to HPD was uploaded in to my Housing Connect 2.0 account so it's pretty transparent. Also, I was already shown the unit assigned to me & I accepted it. This point, I only wait for the HPD approval & sign the lease.
Hey there, Any luck with approval?

Did you reach out to HPD or Breaking ground?

Old 06-11-2021, 09:56 AM

515 posts, read 525,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocynn View Post
when they state your file is currently in review by the third party, will this be considered HPD?
I submitted all documents in May and contacted the management office last week for an update.
They never used the term "third party" for me. You should ask your marketing agent to clarify who the third party is. When my file was sent out for final approval my marketing agent said it was now being sent to the city aka HPD for final approval. At that time which was back in March the approval time frame was 3-5 business days. I got an answer in two. HPD seems to be backed up now for some reason.

Did you already sign the TIC form and additional IRS forms?

Old 06-11-2021, 10:08 AM

Still nothing, the last time I wrote to Breaking Ground was on 5/7 but they said they are waiting too. I followed your advice yesterday to write to HPD to ask about my TIC's approval status update. I hope HPD will respond to my email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post

Old 06-11-2021, 10:56 AM

My email to HPD last night might be working well because I just checked out my account on Housing Connect 2.0 & found out the status of my application for 222 E 44th St. Phase II is 'Review Complete'!!! Hope to hear from Breaking Ground on the lease signing now So, it took 13 business days for HPD to approve my TIC.

Quote:

Old 06-11-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
My email to HPD last night might be working well because I just checked out my account on Housing Connect 2.0 & found out the status of my application for 222 E 44th St. Phase II is 'Review Complete'!!! Hope to hear from Breaking Ground on the lease signing now So, it took 13 business days for HPD to approve my TIC.
woohooooo! Congrats!!

Old 06-11-2021, 12:29 PM

I really appreciate your suggestion to contact HPD yesterday, thank you!!!

Quote:
woohooooo! Congrats!!

Old 06-11-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I really appreciate your suggestion to contact HPD yesterday, thank you!!!
That's why we're all here for!

I'm glad it worked out for you! Now go out, celebrate and enjoy your weekend. Your agent should be reaching out in no time. So happy for you!

Old 06-11-2021, 01:15 PM

18 posts, read 28,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
They never used the term "third party" for me. You should ask your marketing agent to clarify who the third party is. When my file was sent out for final approval my marketing agent said it was now being sent to the city aka HPD for final approval. At that time which was back in March the approval time frame was 3-5 business days. I got an answer in two. HPD seems to be backed up now for some reason.

Did you already sign the TIC form and additional IRS forms?
She said did not specify but she said hopefully in 10 days. I filled out IRS forms and TIC form as well. I called on 06/08 again and that was the information i was given. She said if approved ill be notified by the ecc or acc. The lady was very unclear and rude after i asked several time because i did not understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery