Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 02:39 PM

240 posts, read 322,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
With this ^^ being said, for those of you who are interested in this lottery, one of my good friends has an apartment in that area of the Bronx and it is gorgeous. He has a balcony where you can literally see all of Manhattan - including the Empire State Building, a lot of New Jersey and bridges, and some parts of Queens. His apartment is super therapeutic. He’s on a high floor and can see the sun set. So if you don’t mind the neighborhood or you’re one of those people who takes Uber everywhere, this could be a good deal.

Yep, I watched these building come up from nothing and now they stand out like the Twin towers of the Bronx! Also watching the construction of a few more high rises on the Concourse not far from here. One is 276 Grand Concourse the other is closer to Hostos a few blocks up. There is also a few more being built between the Willis and Third Ave bridges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 12:59 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLNYC1 View Post
Yep, I watched these building come up from nothing and now they stand out like the Twin towers of the Bronx! Also watching the construction of a few more high rises on the Concourse not far from here. One is 276 Grand Concourse the other is closer to Hostos a few blocks up. There is also a few more being built between the Willis and Third Ave bridges.
I was very surprised at the view that guy's apartment has. I wondered why developers wouldn't take advantage of that area by the water, where views are amazing!

Old 08-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
What's happening in The Bronx is literally a repeat of what happened with Brooklyn. Brooklyn was mostly undesirable areas and now most of it is all trendy/gentrified and "hot" neighborhoods that everyone is trying to move to.
I did a walk nearby the area and, noted how many current projects are underway in the South Bronx. We have the Arches, there's another set of towers being constructed @ the foot of the 3rd Ave Bridge. There is 276 Grand Concourse which recently opened a lottery. There is another one right next door that has finished digging and, is laying rebar. Slated to be complete in 2023. There is another almost finished project half a block down, that had delayed construction due to COVID. There is another across the street on the Concourse near Hostos. A few blocks west on Gerard and Walton Ages a few more buildings coming along. Lastly they are digging out for a large high rise, right the foot of 145th St. Bridge. Trendy is an understatement!

Old 08-04-2021, 02:49 PM

580 posts, read 729,380 times
Indeed. I feel like this is a good opportunity to get into this area even if it’s not a “fully good” area yet. Because it will be sooner than later. The Bronx of today really is not the Bronx from years ago. Things are happening fast.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:09 PM

Welp... They pushed closing date to Oct 11th. And this not even a new lottery its a "Units Still Available" reposting. They having this much trouble?

Old 08-10-2021, 01:27 PM

603 posts, read 600,990 times
My log for this was 3X, the lowest ever for me. Withdrawn.

Old 08-10-2021, 01:34 PM

Great number. I'm assuming you withdrew because of the neighborhood right? The building itself looks great.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:14 PM

yeah, that would have been an issue - too far from work and family, Bronx.

We are currently in a lottery unit already.

Old 10-21-2021, 07:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfUcN2zlL3A

I think this is too, but not 100% sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6flbfDxQlA0&t=1203s

Old 10-21-2021, 10:49 AM

Ironically, I drove past there yesterday, just to see exactly where the entrance is. It's kinda hard to get to. You need to turn on 138th street and Exterior then keep straight and, not go on the ramp to the Bruckner/Deegan. You can't really go down 3rd Ave, as, that leads to the 3rd Ave Bridge or a service road that is near The Arches entrance. Alot of work going on in that narrow little area, with Bankside under construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery