Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2020, 03:59 PM

8 posts, read 18,077 times

Advertisements

Hi, all

It's my first time applying to the affordable housing lottery and I have some difficulty calculating my annual income.

I have a stable monthly income and according to the handbook, I should use my monthly income x 12 to determine the annual income. But this year because of covid, I was unemployed from April to September and only went back to work in October. Unfortunately, my work paused again this week and I am collecting unemployment insurance again with no idea when I will go back to work.

So should I use my employment income from Jan - March, and Oct to Nov, then plus unemployment insurance income for the rest of the weeks as my annual income this year?

or should I just use my monthly income and times 12 to determine my annual income since my monthly employment income is the same every month and I assume the job pause will end soon?

It's a confusing time and thanks to everyone for the help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 06:00 PM

25 posts, read 32,152 times
I would put your regular monthly/annual income (if it fits inside the income brackets that you are applying to). It takes months sometimes years to be called back for these lotteries. Hopefully, by time you get called your job will be stabilized again.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:09 AM

37 posts, read 25,949 times
You should include your unemployment income as part of your annual income. Theyve counted both in my case.

Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,607,582 times
As Citygal said, above, if you're just applying now, it could be months or even years before you actually have to produce documents in order to qualify. Who knows what your income will be then?

So pick the buildings you like, and for income, put down a number that fits into at least one of the brackets. When you're actually called, then you can see where you stand.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:23 PM

8 posts, read 18,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygal234 View Post
I would put your regular monthly/annual income (if it fits inside the income brackets that you are applying to). It takes months sometimes years to be called back for these lotteries. Hopefully, by time you get called your job will be stabilized again.
Did what you said, thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery