Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 06:00 AM

21 posts, read 33,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToFindMe View Post
Hey! So I checked my status, its said selected and noone called me so I got worried. I called the development and questioned as to why i was not contacted they told me it isnt ready yet and they will call when it is.
I’m a bit confused on this. I’ve heard that once someone gets selected they view the apartment pretty soon after and if things need to be fixed they’ll let you know during that viewing interview. in my case I got selected and nobody called me so I called the development and they tell me once the apartment is ready they’ll call me. But some of the girls here in my shelter looked at the apartment first then waited. I didn’t look at anything. I’ve been selected since March, I’m like how long is it going to take to repair an apartment???? I been in the shelter for exactly a year now longer than anybody else here.

The development is Polo Grounds. Idk if I should complain to city council if that’ll do anything.... I’ve been patient but idk if I can do another summer in this hot ass shelter, walking up multiple steps with a stroller and my 6 month old while security just watches you struggle. We can’t even have an ac in our room, no access to stove to cook and aren’t even allowed a pass to spend a night out. I know it’s a shelter not luxury but I’m just tired and want a home already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 06:21 AM

58 posts, read 126,401 times
Yea I’m not understanding why aren’t you in the apt yet you been selected for 2 months now it’s because they housing workers slacking on they job … that’s the best thing to do is complain to da city council that’s ridiculous, but just look on da bright side at least you got selected & know you will be in ya home soon .

Old 06-09-2021, 06:42 AM

42 posts, read 87,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieOxen View Post
I’m a bit confused on this. I’ve heard that once someone gets selected they view the apartment pretty soon after and if things need to be fixed they’ll let you know during that viewing interview. in my case I got selected and nobody called me so I called the development and they tell me once the apartment is ready they’ll call me. But some of the girls here in my shelter looked at the apartment first then waited. I didn’t look at anything. I’ve been selected since March, I’m like how long is it going to take to repair an apartment???? I been in the shelter for exactly a year now longer than anybody else here.

The development is Polo Grounds. Idk if I should complain to city council if that’ll do anything.... I’ve been patient but idk if I can do another summer in this hot ass shelter, walking up multiple steps with a stroller and my 6 month old while security just watches you struggle. We can’t even have an ac in our room, no access to stove to cook and aren’t even allowed a pass to spend a night out. I know it’s a shelter not luxury but I’m just tired and want a home already.

I know I was confused as well. But I was thinking maybe the apartment isnt viewable. And wow are you serious??? Girl! That shelter sounds absolutely ridiculous! Did you call the development again and see what's going on? Normally 2 months is maximum. (So they say). That's what I will do if they dont call me by next month. You need to get out of there. I'm in shelter as well and it's hot as a mf and I've been here over a year smh. I hope you get called like tomorrow! But definitely complain girl!! Especially you have a baby that's only 6 months. And in that letter make sure u mention any medical issues or any medical issues that can occur by staying in there. I got high hopes for you

Old 06-09-2021, 04:20 PM

76 posts, read 114,608 times
I pray u get in ur home soon call them tell them ur situation or even tell ur case worker

Old 06-09-2021, 05:19 PM

Thank you ❤️❤️ I’m praying y’all. I did call the development multiple times, last time was yesterday. Mind you every time I call is in a polite friendly tone. I called for an update and the person pretends to check his computer just to say it’s not ready yet so then I asked well what else needs to be done and he goes “that’s not my area” and hung up on me. Smh lol. Just stank.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:44 PM

We will all be in our new apartments soon! ❤️

Old 06-10-2021, 08:32 PM

76 posts, read 114,608 times
Call nycha and explain to them your issue

Old 06-14-2021, 03:40 PM

12 posts, read 16,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToFindMe View Post
Congrats! Finally right! What borough are you moving into
The Bronx

Old 06-18-2021, 12:41 PM

42 posts, read 87,822 times
So just an update. I finally got keys in hand today and signed the lease. So glad I chose SI because it's so quiet and chill. The apartment is so spacious and the buildings are clean and parking is definitely available.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:52 PM

58 posts, read 126,401 times
Congrats !!!! I chose S.I as well still waiting

Last edited by SweetyCakes2; 06-18-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery