Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 06:58 PM

56 posts, read 55,792 times

Advertisements

Is hpd counting the extra $300 we are getting ? I’m getting $300 already weekly which puts me at about 15 grand a year, a far 11k down from most of the apartments I applied require(26k). , I have a very low log number for one which I think I’ll get call sooner then later. Are they counting the extra $300? Or should I look for a supplemental income so I can make the required “25k minimum “ by the time they get to me if they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 09:26 PM

74 posts, read 77,527 times
As per the HPD handbook they will not count the additional $300 just like they didn’t count the additional $600 or any stimulus payments

Old 01-08-2021, 10:06 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,605,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkibaby View Post
As per the HPD handbook they will not count the additional $300 just like they didn’t count the additional $600 or any stimulus payments
Could you please let me know where exactly this is found in it?
Unemployment is considered income. The extra $300 or $600 was taxed and treated as income.
That was different then the stimulus payment. Stimulus was not considered income.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:42 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
Life advice: if you *can* be employed rather than collect unemployment, do that. Save your UI eligibility for when you need it.

We have had reports of the agencies treating enhanced unemployment benefits basically like nonrecurring overtime--it's definitely temporary (so, they count the basic benefit but not the add-on). It's possible that if you're still collecting enhanced unemployment at the time of the eligibility interview and it qualifies you, the agent might not think to discount it, because they're focused on calculating the highest income and disqualifying you for making too much, not the opposite. (Usually people are earning too much with the enhanced benefit, not too little without it, and they actually challenge it, which you wouldn't.) So you might skate by. But you must understand: this process can take an unpredictably long time, it's very hard to tell whether there will be any further enhancements to UI, and if you can get a job that qualifies you...it's just better in life. Not to mention how hard it might be to pay your rent once the enhanced benefit goes away!

Old 01-09-2021, 08:18 PM

74 posts, read 77,527 times
I am currently going through the process and the extra unemployment money is not calculated as income and you can google the HPD handbook it will answer these questions

Old 01-21-2021, 03:58 AM

51 posts, read 74,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkibaby View Post
I am currently going through the process and the extra unemployment money is not calculated as income and you can google the HPD handbook it will answer these questions
Please keep us updated

Old 01-24-2021, 11:47 PM

18 posts, read 16,077 times
It's not counted. I moved into my apartment in September and the extra $600 I collected from May-July was not counted as income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery