Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 09:13 AM

603 posts, read 600,990 times

Advertisements

From Reddit:

Renters: beware of 329 Broadway
Aka 300 Rodney Street, near the Marcy Ave stop in Williamsburg.

Our lease is coming up soon and we’re leaving for a plethora of reasons. For starters, they promised a pool, sauna, finished outdoor areas, etc. since the building opened and the super has conceded that they’ll never be built because the design of the building was not thought out and it can’t structurally support any of these things. The roof is just a bunch of torn up concrete slabs and unusable.

More importantly, the rent increase they sent us was insane and even though we are already paying more than their listed available units, they tried to increase 12% for our unit and everyone else in the building (we have a group chat), averaging a $500-$600 increase. These are not on Covid deals, even one-year leases coming up are increasing sharply (raising one two-bedroom to $7,200). They also charge residents an additional $85 per month for hot water which we are believe might be illegal but not sure how to fight it.

Lastly, quality of life is horrible. Packages are constantly stolen and management isn’t doing much about it. They installed a “virtual security monitoring system” that calls the cops when residents have large gatherings but hasn’t deterred package thieves. The building is next door to a homeless shelter (339 Broadway) which I have nothing against but it’s a low-restriction shelter that allows its residents to come and go and they linger right near the entrance to our building and cat call women all day.

Management is generally non-responsive when people raise issues and they treated the super so poorly that he left, we have a new one as of a month or two ago.

Tis all, I know renting is a nightmare right now but if you can avoid this place please do yourself the favor.

Edit: oh wait one more - the parking garage in the building is closing at the end of the month because the owners of the garage are tired of dealing with the management of this building. They were randomly booting cars while the garage workers moved them around. Not sure what will be done with the garage now, that’s all we know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Brooklyn/co...t=share_button
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 01:47 PM

585 posts, read 585,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
From Reddit:

Our lease is coming up soon and we’re leaving for a plethora of reasons. For starters, they promised a pool, sauna, finished outdoor areas, etc. since the building opened and the super has conceded that they’ll never be built because the design of the building was not thought out and it can’t structurally support any of these things. The roof is just a bunch of torn up concrete slabs and unusable.

More importantly, the rent increase they sent us was insane and even though we are already paying more than their listed available units, they tried to increase 12% for our unit and everyone else in the building (we have a group chat), averaging a $500-$600 increase. These are not on Covid deals, even one-year leases coming up are increasing sharply (raising one two-bedroom to $7,200). They also charge residents an additional $85 per month for hot water which we are believe might be illegal but not sure how to fight it.

Lastly, quality of life is horrible. Packages are constantly stolen and management isn’t doing much about it. They installed a “virtual security monitoring system” that calls the cops when residents have large gatherings but hasn’t deterred package thieves. The building is next door to a homeless shelter (339 Broadway) which I have nothing against but it’s a low-restriction shelter that allows its residents to come and go and they linger right near the entrance to our building and cat call women all day.

Management is generally non-responsive when people raise issues and they treated the super so poorly that he left, we have a new one as of a month or two ago.

Tis all, I know renting is a nightmare right now but if you can avoid this place please do yourself the favor.

Edit: oh wait one more - the parking garage in the building is closing at the end of the month because the owners of the garage are tired of dealing with the management of this building. They were randomly booting cars while the garage workers moved them around. Not sure what will be done with the garage now, that’s all we know.

That's sad because the apartments look nice

Old 11-14-2023, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 196 times
To add to this, I researched the company who owns and built this building, the 329 LLC. They have a couple dozen lawsuits including liens and breaches of contract from various construction contractors–lumber, plumbing, architects; the church across the street. Other lawsuits for credit companies on what I assume about inability to pay for the labor, hence being sued by so many contractors.

And most importantly, a tenant is suing the former super and 329 LLC for 1Mill because of a burglary. He alleges that in June the building staff allowed two men to roam the building who then broke in to this apartment and stole $63,000 worth of possessions. There's an allegation that the super and/or others who worked there conspired with the thieves. It also mentions packages being stolen are an ongoing issue for tenants.

You can find all of these on public record.

My experience:
I have the opportunity to rent a 1br here and am having trouble convincing myself it's worth it, considering all the problems. I also have had sooooo many issues with the project manager(s) for this lottery, it's almost unbelievable.

Has anyone else had a recent experience?

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
From Reddit:

Old 11-15-2023, 07:54 AM

603 posts, read 600,990 times
"And most importantly, a tenant is suing the former super and 329 LLC for 1Mill because of a burglary. He alleges that in June the building staff allowed two men to roam the building who then broke in to this apartment and stole $63,000 worth of possessions. There's an allegation that the super and/or others who worked there conspired with the thieves. It also mentions packages being stolen are an ongoing issue for tenants."

Horrible, I hope he gets something back but I doubt it. With all those other creditors seeking payment from the owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery