Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 07:10 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,856,599 times

Advertisements

Congratulations! Stuytown is a great neighborhood to live in

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuytownhopeful View Post
my # was under 100, and just signed my lease for a 1 bd last week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 08:20 PM

50 posts, read 74,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelzucchi9 View Post
Hello Gia, what was your lottery log number and are you applying for a one bedroom, just curious how far they are in their approval process
Hi I'm in the 4XXs and waiting for a 3 bedroom - the "special list" is what the Stuytown person called it

Old 08-31-2021, 06:29 AM

7 posts, read 8,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmrivs View Post
When did they ask you to submit documents and did you have to submit more document after the first request? Thanks!
yes, had to resubmit all the financial docs, originally submitted in May, then had to do May to Aug.

Old 08-31-2021, 06:55 AM

8 posts, read 11,542 times
Quote:
yes, had to resubmit all the financial docs, originally submitted in May, then had to do May to Aug.
Congrats to you!! My timeline is similar to yours, I originally submitted documents in May and resubmitted financial docs around 2 weeks ago. However, I have not heard back from them since, not even to confirm that they have received all documentation. Do you remember what the next step was after resubmitting documents? Do they reach out to complete the background and credit check or do they automatically run that once they have all the documents?

Old 08-31-2021, 06:56 AM

4,793 posts, read 6,623,234 times
Quote:
One good thing about this lottery is that the income range is huge. So if you're being processed and get a raise or new job with a different salary, and have to submit new documents, it's less likely to boot you out of the bracket.

The huge range is bad, though, if you're at the bottom of it and offered an apartment you can't afford! Which has happened. And I hope that case has a happy ending.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:19 AM

50 posts, read 74,034 times
Quote:
Congratulations! Did they advise you when they were running your background check? Did they email you again after requesting your documents in August. I'm trying to put together a timeline and wonder whether there is an additional step from requesting the updated documents to sending the offer letter? TY.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:47 AM

8 posts, read 9,631 times
Would anyone who has signed a new lottery lease be able to explain the timeline when they are initially offered a place. Do they give you a few days to accept the offer or is it a week or two? When you accept the offer, do you have to move in within 30 days?

Old 08-31-2021, 10:22 AM

64 posts, read 95,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelzucchi9 View Post
Would anyone who has signed a new lottery lease be able to explain the timeline when they are initially offered a place. Do they give you a few days to accept the offer or is it a week or two? When you accept the offer, do you have to move in within 30 days?
Once you are given an offer, you are only given 5 days to accept, pay, and sign lease. My offer gave me a choice of two days (end of that month) but it was moved due to further renovations being needed. I moved in a little before 3 months after receiving the offer.

Old 08-31-2021, 11:49 AM

54 posts, read 66,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmrivs View Post
Once you are given an offer, you are only given 5 days to accept, pay, and sign lease. My offer gave me a choice of two days (end of that month) but it was moved due to further renovations being needed. I moved in a little before 3 months after receiving the offer.
After paying and signing the lease did they ask for docs again? When did they contact you to pick up keys? Thank you for being active after moving in and not ghosting us. Really appreciate it

Old 08-31-2021, 12:13 PM

4,793 posts, read 6,623,234 times
If you have signed the lease, I believe that is pretty much the end of the process, and I don't think they can ask you for any more documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery