Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 04:30 PM

290 posts, read 279,797 times

Advertisements

Strange but I passed this building today and the sign says "Luxury Rentals." I was under the impression that this was going to be a condo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 07:50 PM

603 posts, read 605,829 times
It is condos, but some people buy them and rent them out as well.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:51 PM

That is true but I wonder why the gigantic sign outside the bldg is touting Rentals and not For Sale. Weird.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:48 PM

10 posts, read 8,246 times
Bumping.
Has anyone heard anything?
I’m number 2xxx with no preferences. Still hoping to hear something.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:01 PM

Apologies! The Luxury Rental sign is for Mercedes House. Mea Culpa

Old 02-28-2022, 09:48 PM

31,995 posts, read 27,162,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
It is condos, but some people buy them and rent them out as well.
That does not effect how a multifamily advertises; either a building is rental, co-op or condo, what individual shareholders or owners of units do is not a given for entire place.

You cannot advertise a building as "rental", then tell people who enquire that building is co-op or condo and they must purchase. That violates all sorts of federal and local deceptive advertising statues.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:13 PM

56 posts, read 129,440 times
Under review

Old 03-30-2022, 05:55 PM

172 posts, read 247,906 times
What’s your log?

Old 03-30-2022, 06:53 PM

272 posts, read 534,881 times
I'm going to offer this to everyone as a point of information. I was contacted about 10 days ago for my documents etc. My deadline is 4/1 but I've already decided not to pursue it. Don't ask me what my log # is because I'm in a special class and it won't matter for you. I'm just telling you this so that you know they are finally starting to process the applications. I would strongly suggest looking through the marketing booklet to make sure you qualify. One of the reasons I decided not to proceed is that I realized that the way the calculate the income would put me out of the running and I didn't want to go through the grueling process when I already know the outcome. Also the location is a bit shaky and those units are on the small side.
So good luck to everyone else. If nothing else I'm sure this message gives you hope.
Peace!

Old 03-30-2022, 08:13 PM

56 posts, read 129,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
I'm going to offer this to everyone as a point of information. I was contacted about 10 days ago for my documents etc. My deadline is 4/1 but I've already decided not to pursue it. Don't ask me what my log # is because I'm in a special class and it won't matter for you. I'm just telling you this so that you know they are finally starting to process the applications. I would strongly suggest looking through the marketing booklet to make sure you qualify. One of the reasons I decided not to proceed is that I realized that the way the calculate the income would put me out of the running and I didn't want to go through the grueling process when I already know the outcome. Also the location is a bit shaky and those units are on the small side.
So good luck to everyone else. If nothing else I'm sure this message gives you hope.
Peace!
Did you submit your documents or you withdraw your application?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery