Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 09:02 PM

164 posts, read 193,429 times

Advertisements

Thank you for making this thread! I too was curious to read the variety of success stories - I know each project progresses differently, but it’d be great to read more anecdotes on what to expect and what life on the other side is like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 10:16 AM

603 posts, read 599,947 times
I started applying on Housing Connect around 2018/2019. I had a great feeling that this was going to work out for whatever reason. Also, I always think positively about most things. So I applied to every lottery that came out. I got contacted to submit for the Flow Chelsea building, in the beginning, didn't work out. I kept applying to all. Eventually got called for a 3 bedroom at the Dime in Williamsburg. Totally forgot that I even apply for this building. My log was fairly high, 10,000+ but somehow lots of people must have withdrawn. This was during the prime covid time. That's how I got in. It's been such a blessing to live here, no way I could afford to rent here at market rate, currently 8k. It's really amazing, life-changing.

So I kept applying to other lotteries - I think I would have eventually had great chances with other buildings. I think the key is to keep applying, so many great lotteries. You are bound to get something if you keep trying. My advice, if you really want a lottery apartment - just keep applying, don't give up! And keep your documents ready to go!

Old 10-18-2021, 10:18 AM

580 posts, read 728,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
I started applying on Housing Connect around 2018/2019. I had a great feeling that this was going to work out for whatever reason. Also, I always think positively about most things. So I applied to every lottery that came out. I got contacted to submit for the Flow Chelsea building, in the beginning, didn't work out. I kept applying to all. Eventually got called for a 3 bedroom at the Dime in Williamsburg. Totally forgot that I even apply for this building. My log was fairly high, 10,000+ but somehow lots of people must have withdrawn. This was during the prime covid time. That's how I got in. It's been such a blessing to live here, no way I could afford to rent here at market rate, currently 8k. It's really amazing, life-changing.

So I kept applying to other lotteries - I think I would have eventually had great chances with other buildings. I think the key is to keep applying, so many great lotteries. You are bound to get something if you keep trying. My advice, if you really want a lottery apartment - just keep applying, don't give up! And keep your documents ready to go!
Great story! Inspiring. Dime seems like an awesome building. Dope location too.

Old 11-15-2021, 07:07 AM

164 posts, read 193,429 times
Does anyone have additional stories or updates to share post-lease? I’m sure I’m not the only one who could use a little bit of optimism and a reminder of what’s at the end of the (very stressful and unresponsive) rainbow!

Old 11-15-2021, 07:19 AM

394 posts, read 570,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaane View Post
Does anyone have additional stories or updates to share post-lease? I’m sure I’m not the only one who could use a little bit of optimism and a reminder of what’s at the end of the (very stressful and unresponsive) rainbow!
I completely agree with you. I need some inspiration. I’m starting to lose hope with not getting a response at all and waiting months past the closing of a lottery. Even with a low log number. Reading these stories still gives me hope.

Old 11-15-2021, 10:31 AM

38 posts, read 43,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I submitted my application to 222 E 44th St. Phase II project through Housing Connect 2.0 on 10/3/2020. I was contacted to submit documentation on 5/4/2021 & on 6/11/2021 my Tenant Income Certification (TIC) was approved by HPD. I'm in the process of signing my lease with the building management now. This lottery was the only one I submitted through Housing Connect 2.0 & it worked out perfectly!
Congrats! Can you share log# and AMI info if it's possible? and what kind of apt? Thank you!!

Old 11-15-2021, 10:56 AM

30 posts, read 30,312 times
Applying for years got denied for one thing or a next, then Linden Terrance bd1 called and i yes i want to proceed
this was i believe February this year. Once i submitted the paperwork it took weeks of ongoing paperwork that needed more they had short timelines so if they emailed me i got them the stuff a day or 2 later copies signed documents etc,
then after i got approved i seen the place as soon as i seen the place i paid and moved in june a studio apt i love

Old 11-15-2021, 11:20 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
Thanks! My log# was 2XX, I got an alcove studio because 1BR units were all taken already. The last time I heard there were still two studios (not alcove) available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne9 View Post
Congrats! Can you share log# and AMI info if it's possible? and what kind of apt? Thank you!!

Old 12-03-2021, 03:45 PM

16 posts, read 17,280 times
How long did it take to get contacted after log numbers were posted?

Old 12-03-2021, 09:03 PM

24 posts, read 29,557 times
This is the apartment i won https://youtu.be/5hr4mTDt2lE

This how the process went and also how more information on what i felt increased my chances
https://youtu.be/fQO2_ykmMfU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery