Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 12:43 PM

182 posts, read 223,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Yes, first month rent and a security deposit is typically required for most apartments.
Thanks I found it right after I asked. thank you!!

Have you moved in? dying to see pics lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 01:10 PM

290 posts, read 320,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busymom81 View Post
Thanks I found it right after I asked. thank you!!

Have you moved in? dying to see pics lol
No problem! I move in May 2nd!

Old 04-20-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
No problem! I move in May 2nd!
Thats amazing congratulations!!

Ive never dealt with lotto before and amazed I even got on a list. hoping my docs are accepted so me and my boys can move in maybe next month or June

Would you say the master will fit a queen and second bedroom twin bunks?

Happy I found this forum ive been so lost and reading through has helped a bunch

Old 04-20-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thats amazing congratulations!!

Ive never dealt with lotto before and amazed I even got on a list. hoping my docs are accepted so me and my boys can move in maybe next month or June

Would you say the master will fit a queen and second bedroom twin bunks?

Happy I found this forum ive been so lost and reading through has helped a bunch
Thank you!! Tbh, I truly believe it’s based on your AMI. The higher the AMI the better the units. I am grateful for my unit! Yes, I believe the master bedroom can fit a queen but it’s not that big. The 2nd bedroom isn’t that much smaller tbh, twin bunks can def fit in the bedroom. Each unit has a different layout and again I believe the higher the AMI the bigger the space. Like that walk in closet you see on the website…I do not have. So, I’d imagine the higher AMIs have that privilege.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you!! Tbh, I truly believe it’s based on your AMI. The higher the AMI the better the units. I am grateful for my unit! Yes, I believe the master bedroom can fit a queen but it’s not that big. The 2nd bedroom isn’t that much smaller tbh, twin bunks can def fit in the bedroom. Each unit has a different layout and again I believe the higher the AMI the bigger the space. Like that walk in closet you see on the website…I do not have. So, I’d imagine the higher AMIs have that privilege.
I want say im in the lowest AMI 50% so the smaller apartment layouts im sure is what im looking at. With how much apartments are everywhere right now im happy to even get a 2 bedroom or 3 if still available for the price listed. bummer about the walk in closet but it is what it is right?! lol

I really wish they had some floorplan examples like some other lottos had but I get why they dont

Old 04-20-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I want say im in the lowest AMI 50% so the smaller apartment layouts im sure is what im looking at. With how much apartments are everywhere right now im happy to even get a 2 bedroom or 3 if still available for the price listed. bummer about the walk in closet but it is what it is right?! lol

I really wish they had some floorplan examples like some other lottos had but I get why they dont
Yes I’m at 50% AMI as well. I have a corner unit so it is L-shape and it’s very spacious!! You will love it! Very beautiful and wonderful natural lighting. When I move in I will find a way to upload pics or videos here.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIDP View Post
I live in the neighborhood and I really think paying for a parking garage is not worth it unless you really want to protect your car from minor scratches, don't want to walk, etc. Street parking is fairly easy to find even alternate days.

Glad you liked the apartment and building. If I was given a preference, I would choose the building on 62nd- it's quieter and that's the side you would most likely find parking
Hey, btw! How is the neighborhood? Is it pretty safe? and good restaurants? Is it always pretty busy during the day?

Old 04-21-2022, 04:28 PM

726 posts, read 810,099 times
Apex is trying to discount me on a bs claim. They are stating I didn’t meet a preference or a set aside god the apartments. Yet I’ve never had any preferences I’m general population and always have been. The excuse is that my income ami is the preference, I will be calling them and hpd because in no way shape or form should I be pushed to the side over my ami I should be considered based on documents in my ami range

Old 04-21-2022, 05:49 PM

394 posts, read 570,608 times
Hi does anyone know what log they may be up to please. ?

Old 04-21-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Apex is trying to discount me on a bs claim. They are stating I didn’t meet a preference or a set aside god the apartments. Yet I’ve never had any preferences I’m general population and always have been. The excuse is that my income ami is the preference, I will be calling them and hpd because in no way shape or form should I be pushed to the side over my ami I should be considered based on documents in my ami range
Yeah this sounds very strange. Never even heard of this before. I’m sorry to hear this! I hope you can get them to clarify what exactly they mean by what they are saying. It’s a bit confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery