Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 05:09 PM

170 posts, read 169,164 times

Advertisements

Any updates on anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 06:47 PM

290 posts, read 322,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celialexington View Post
Any updates on anything?
Just waiting for final approval now.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:05 PM

Just an update: marketing agent told me she’s waiting for approval from her supervisor (it’s been in review for like 2 weeks now) and once her supervisor approves it…then it will be sent over to HUD for final approval. However, HUD reviews files according to log #s. My log is 2,XXX w/ CB & city worker preference. With that being said…I have no clue how much longer this will take. Could take a while since idk which log # they’re up and how long HUD takes to review/approve.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:33 PM

43 posts, read 37,602 times
Hey everyone log number 14xxx no cb but do have disability preferences

Old 03-05-2022, 09:40 AM

65 posts, read 56,557 times
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on this site as well as with Housing Lottery.

I applied for this lottery in September, my log # is 77** with CB preferences. I received an email asking to provide documents which I'm gathering as we speak.

I have a question, apologies if it's been discussed before but let's say we get the apartment, are perfect tenants and plan to stay for a LONG time - is there a chance that we can still be evicted or denied a lease renewal? I gathered from the threads I've read so far that income fluctuations are not a factor.

Thanks and wish me luck!

Old 03-05-2022, 10:27 AM

726 posts, read 816,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIDP View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on this site as well as with Housing Lottery.

I applied for this lottery in September, my log # is 77** with CB preferences. I received an email asking to provide documents which I'm gathering as we speak.

I have a question, apologies if it's been discussed before but let's say we get the apartment, are perfect tenants and plan to stay for a LONG time - is there a chance that we can still be evicted or denied a lease renewal? I gathered from the threads I've read so far that income fluctuations are not a factor.

Thanks and wish me luck!
If you are perfect tenants why would they deny you? Plus you can’t just be tossed out for no reason since this is under the city they have to show real proof as to why. If you’ve never heard of waterline square a tent cost abt 2 million worth of damage before they were allowed to kick him out.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:29 PM

65 posts, read 56,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
If you are perfect tenants why would they deny you? Plus you can’t just be tossed out for no reason since this is under the city they have to show real proof as to why. If you’ve never heard of waterline square a tent cost abt 2 million worth of damage before they were allowed to kick him out.

Thanks!

Was just curious if management can try to push out lottery winners just so they can rent that apartment out at full price.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:37 AM

171 posts, read 196,589 times
Hi Everyone, I literally live up the block from APEX Place. I applied within minutes when the building was uploaded on housing connect in Sept . I realize when you apply doesn't matter!! My question is, if i have CB preference and my log # is 49,xxx (Shocking considering how quickly i applied) do you think i have a chance of being contacted? Reading the thread it looks like they are still working on CB pref. I'm praying so hard for this.

Thank You

Old 03-08-2022, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Hi Everyone, I literally live up the block from APEX Place. I applied within minutes when the building was uploaded on housing connect in Sept . I realize when you apply doesn't matter!! My question is, if i have CB preference and my log # is 49,xxx (Shocking considering how quickly i applied) do you think i have a chance of being contacted? Reading the thread it looks like they are still working on CB pref. I'm praying so hard for this.

Thank You
Hey,

Yea, the log # is randomized no matter when you applied. I applied late.. 10/25 and I was 2,XXX. Also, everything comes down to log #. I’m still waiting for final approval but the agent said they go by log # and I have CB. You should certainly get contacted soon since you have CB. Best of luck!

Old 03-08-2022, 11:51 AM

171 posts, read 196,589 times
Thank you, i have my fingers crossed praying. There are a lot of units and i fall in 2 AMI categories. I know my log# is high but i pray CB helps me (i need this). Sending congrats to you early, i'm sure you will be in your new unit soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery