Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2022, 12:08 PM

290 posts, read 327,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Thank you, i have my fingers crossed praying. There are a lot of units and i fall in 2 AMI categories. I know my log# is high but i pray CB helps me (i need this). Sending congrats to you early, i'm sure you will be in your new unit soon
Trust me, I totally understand. I need this as well and I’m due in June so I’m praying to God I can move in before my baby gets here. Thank you for the affirmation! Don’t give up hope! Having CB preference helps ALOT! Good luck and sending positive vibes and blessings your way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 03:01 PM

171 posts, read 198,628 times
Thanks so much for your positive feed back. I really hope so, i wanted to move before the summer so i have to stay prayed up. I'm sending my prayers up for you and your baby. You already have 1 foot in the door so god has already answered part of your prayer. Wishing you all the best and sending you an early have a safe delivery. God BLESS.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for your positive feed back. I really hope so, i wanted to move before the summer so i have to stay prayed up. I'm sending my prayers up for you and your baby. You already have 1 foot in the door so god has already answered part of your prayer. Wishing you all the best and sending you an early have a safe delivery. God BLESS.
Thank you SO much. Amen, God bless you as well! What’s for you will be for you. Blessings!

Old 03-08-2022, 06:33 PM

32,040 posts, read 27,275,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
If you are perfect tenants why would they deny you? Plus you can’t just be tossed out for no reason since this is under the city they have to show real proof as to why. If you’ve never heard of waterline square a tent cost abt 2 million worth of damage before they were allowed to kick him out.
All these lottery/affordable/low income units are rent stabilized. Under that scheme a LL cannot refuse to renew a lease except under very limited conditions (such as building is going to be demolished). Bar is set a bit lower for market rate/unregulated multi-family in that a LL is not required to offer a renewal lease.

Any other reason requires LL to make his/her case in housing court by bringing a hold over case, usually filed under tenant being a "nuisance".

Nuisance is a very broad category covering everything from chronic late payment of rent to causing issues with safety and welfare of building/other tenants. Hoarding, violence towards other tenants, creating unsafe or unhealthy conditions in building/apartment, using apartment for criminal activity, and more are all grounds for LL to bring such a proceeding. However asking ain't getting, and just because a LL turns to housing court, it does not mean he/she will prevail.

More times than not (and it varies by alleged behaviour) court will give tenant time to "cure" whatever issue prompted LL to start proceedings. Playing loud music or otherwise annoying tenants at unreasonable hours of day? Stop doing it. Have a hording problem that is causing health, vermin and other issues for building? Get the place cleaned up/out, and throw all that junk out...

https://www.acoustilog.com/scans/nuisance.pdf

https://nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/ssi/...s/NUISANCE.pdf

Old 03-09-2022, 09:38 AM

Hi Everyone, question? When you have CB pref for this area, Rego Park and Forest Hills is considered CB Pref for Apex. For the ones who have CB Pref do you mind sharing what # is listed on your housing connect application Under the community board section. I want to make sure the CB #is correct. Thank You

Old 03-09-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Hi Everyone, question? When you have CB pref for this area, Rego Park and Forest Hills is considered CB Pref for Apex. For the ones who have CB Pref do you mind sharing what # is listed on your housing connect application Under the community board section. I want to make sure the CB #is correct. Thank You
Community board 6 .. 11375 area code

Old 03-09-2022, 11:14 AM

Thank You!! On my housing connect profile its say 406 and my zip is 11374. Just wanted to confirm my CB is correct.

Old 03-09-2022, 11:56 AM

No worries. You definitely have CB preference. Truthfully, I don’t even know if applicants have moved into the units yet or if the units are move in ready. It takes a long time for official approval.. I can’t even lie. But best of luck and good patience!

Old 03-09-2022, 02:17 PM

Thank You!! I drive pass the building everyday heading to work and it looks completed (maybe not move in ready). Having such a high log# with CB pref has me on pins and needles waiting for that email. Literally nerve wrecking Lol

Old 03-09-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Thank You!! I drive pass the building everyday heading to work and it looks completed (maybe not move in ready). Having such a high log# with CB pref has me on pins and needles waiting for that email. Literally nerve wrecking Lol
Do you ever see people going in and out? You’ll get that call! Have hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery