Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 12:10 AM

29 posts, read 27,303 times

Advertisements

How do you know where the documents were sent? My agent just told me that my documents were sent in, but didn't say where. I sent in my documents the same day they were asked for December 30th so it should have been sent to ??? on the 3rd.

I've been waiting 2 weeks and last week my agent said that they didn't get an update. I'm actually in a toxic housing situation right now. I can't wait to move and I am trying to find a safe place to be now, but it's hard to even find a room right now. People don't respond, scammers pretending to be people, people using airbnb for rent payments, and realtors wanting a security deposit for the whole apartment, but advertising a room. It's really hard right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 08:24 AM

60 posts, read 52,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsnipmarzipan View Post
How do you know where the documents were sent? My agent just told me that my documents were sent in, but didn't say where. I sent in my documents the same day they were asked for December 30th so it should have been sent to ??? on the 3rd.

I've been waiting 2 weeks and last week my agent said that they didn't get an update. I'm actually in a toxic housing situation right now. I can't wait to move and I am trying to find a safe place to be now, but it's hard to even find a room right now. People don't respond, scammers pretending to be people, people using airbnb for rent payments, and realtors wanting a security deposit for the whole apartment, but advertising a room. It's really hard right now.
if you look at the document upload on your HC2 profile for that property you can see if the agency uploaded your file to HPD

Old 01-19-2022, 09:42 AM

49 posts, read 42,131 times
Quote:

On the cover sheet for your TIC (uploaded to your profile under documents for that building), it will say either "To: Director of Marketing, HPD" or "To: Director of Marketing, HDC" or something along those lines.

You can also check the advertisement for the building, in the "Details" section, under "Affordable Housing Program", it will say either HPD or HDC, etc.

You can also call HPD and tell them the name of the building you submitted documents for and they will tell you if they're overseeing it.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
if you look at the document upload on your HC2 profile for that property you can see if the agency uploaded your file to HPD
It just says Description, Name, and Uploaded On. These have been the same since I first uploaded these documents. It doesn't say anywhere on the page about the agent submitting them.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaDelRey View Post
On the cover sheet for your TIC (uploaded to your profile under documents for that building), it will say either "To: Director of Marketing, HPD" or "To: Director of Marketing, HDC" or something along those lines.

You can also check the advertisement for the building, in the "Details" section, under "Affordable Housing Program", it will say either HPD or HDC, etc.

You can also call HPD and tell them the name of the building you submitted documents for and they will tell you if they're overseeing it.
I don't know what TIC means, but there isn't anything that says HPD or HDC in the documents I had to fill out. On the page of the lottery, both HDC and HPD are mentioned. I called the number for HPD and was told that HDC is in charge of the location. I was given their number, but no one answered. I left a voicemail and sent an e-mail out to HPD asking for the email to HDC. I hope to get a quick response from them.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:31 AM

145 posts, read 136,229 times
Quote:
I don't know what TIC means, but there isn't anything that says HPD or HDC in the documents I had to fill out. On the page of the lottery, both HDC and HPD are mentioned. I called the number for HPD and was told that HDC is in charge of the location. I was given their number, but no one answered. I left a voicemail and sent an e-mail out to HPD asking for the email to HDC. I hope to get a quick response from them.
It’s hard to catch anyone from hdc try calling early in the morning

Old 01-20-2022, 10:29 AM

145 posts, read 136,229 times
So i was reached out to and they said i didn’t provide a w2. That’s what hpd said

Old 01-20-2022, 05:29 PM

Quote:
TIC stands for Tenant Income Certification. It's the complete package that the marketing agent puts together with the documents you provided and the documents they generated for your file. It also has the AMI and bedroom size you're being considered for (if you qualified for more than one). It also states the apartment number you're being considered for (even if it's not the one you ultimately end up with).

Old 01-20-2022, 05:34 PM

17 posts, read 21,126 times
Just want to share my process. I’ve applied for a rerental apartment. My application was submitted to Hdc/hdp on 01/19 and I received a call that it was approved today.

Old 01-20-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
It just says Description, Name, and Uploaded On. These have been the same since I first uploaded these documents. It doesn't say anywhere on the page about the agent submitting them.
On my profile, under description it has "TIC file", under name is my name and assigned unit, and uploaded on has the date and time my agent uploaded it to Housing Connect. It's a PDF with every document sent in on your behalf. The 1st page of the PDF says to which agency it went.

It's possible (1) your agent hasn't gotten around to uploading it yet or (2) it hasn't actually been submitted yet. Hopefully you get a hold of HDC soon to have a better idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery