Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 09:40 PM

347 posts, read 455,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCcreep View Post
Just want to share my process. I’ve applied for a rerental apartment. My application was submitted to Hdc/hdp on 01/19 and I received a call that it was approved today.
That was quick. Congratulations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 09:53 AM

29 posts, read 27,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlfrombk11212_ View Post
It’s hard to catch anyone from hdc try calling early in the morning
Ok, so I called 6 times today at 8am, 10am, and noonish. No one answers, I got sent to voice mail earlier, but now the voice mail is full and it just hangs up. This is concerning lol

Old 01-21-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaDelRey View Post
TIC stands for Tenant Income Certification. It's the complete package that the marketing agent puts together with the documents you provided and the documents they generated for your file. It also has the AMI and bedroom size you're being considered for (if you qualified for more than one). It also states the apartment number you're being considered for (even if it's not the one you ultimately end up with).
I didn't get that yet. In all the youtube videos I saw, they never mentioned this. Does this mean I still need to be patient? I thought that because they contacted me, I was closer to the end of the process. Is there another step for approval?

Old 01-21-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaDelRey View Post
On my profile, under description it has "TIC file", under name is my name and assigned unit, and uploaded on has the date and time my agent uploaded it to Housing Connect. It's a PDF with every document sent in on your behalf. The 1st page of the PDF says to which agency it went.

It's possible (1) your agent hasn't gotten around to uploading it yet or (2) it hasn't actually been submitted yet. Hopefully you get a hold of HDC soon to have a better idea.
So I just got off the phone with HPD. They told me that the agency has to approve my documents first and then they'll send them to HDC for approval. I wasn't aware that there were 2 different approvals needed. The woman HPD even said that the agent won't tell me the process, but how would we know if they don't say anything? People are already moving into the building and next week Monday is going to be the 3rd week while waiting for the marketing agencey to approve my application. Should I forget about it and move on?

Old 01-21-2022, 12:12 PM

116 posts, read 141,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parsnipmarzipan View Post
So I just got off the phone with HPD. They told me that the agency has to approve my documents first and then they'll send them to HDC for approval. I wasn't aware that there were 2 different approvals needed. The woman HPD even said that the agent won't tell me the process, but how would we know if they don't say anything? People are already moving into the building and next week Monday is going to be the 3rd week while waiting for the marketing agency to approve my application. Should I forget about it and move on?

Have you logged into your account on Housing Connect? If not login, go to the dashboard, find the property you are waiting to hear from, click documents, and you should be able to see your final file that was sent to HPD and the date it was sent. This is how I found my documents were sent to HPD. The agent didn't let me know.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:54 PM

145 posts, read 136,204 times
Hey i was asked for more documents from hdc. Can that cause a delay? Or can i be rejected

Old 01-21-2022, 02:11 PM

116 posts, read 141,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlfrombk11212_ View Post
Hey i was asked for more documents from hdc. Can that cause a delay? Or can i be rejected
Whatever they asked you for, get it to them ASAP. The longer you wait it will get delayed.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:50 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
They told me that the agency has to approve my documents first and then they'll send them to HDC for approval. I wasn't aware that there were 2 different approvals needed. The woman HPD even said that the agent won't tell me the process, but how would we know if they don't say anything? People are already moving into the building and next week Monday is going to be the 3rd week while waiting for the marketing agencey to approve my application. Should I forget about it and move on?
Seems to relate to page 31 or so in the handbook. The ENTIRE handbook is recommended reading. You might feel better in the future if you read it now.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

(It makes sense that the City reviews applications otherwise rules might not be followed correctly, mistakes occur; also corruption could sneak in. The City might do the whole process, but City workers are expensive and they get pensions, and the developers/owners might want a seat at the table.)

Good luck and good patience. Some of these things take month and months if a co-op or condo purchase is involved. Others lotteries move fast. We want these things to move fast like retail does but it’s not like that.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:53 PM

145 posts, read 136,204 times
Quote:
Ok, so I called 6 times today at 8am, 10am, and noonish. No one answers, I got sent to voice mail earlier, but now the voice mail is full and it just hangs up. This is concerning lol
Did you try emailing hdc. They get back within 24hrs

Old 01-21-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_G_70 View Post
Have you logged into your account on Housing Connect? If not login, go to the dashboard, find the property you are waiting to hear from, click documents, and you should be able to see your final file that was sent to HPD and the date it was sent. This is how I found my documents were sent to HPD. The agent didn't let me know.
I don't see any other files than the ones I submitted. I guess it wasn't sent to HDC then. Really sad, but can't be helped. Thanks to everyone for your help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery