Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 01:52 PM

239 posts, read 321,345 times

Advertisements

I've seen this build from scratch and, I am impressed! Stormgal, that neighborhood is changing dramatically! There will be some growing pains but, give it 2 years and that area will be a hotspot. The Arches, along with this and several other projects have given the BX a skyline. They aren't investing this much and, having it torn apart any time soon. This area was already named SOBRO a few years back, and this will make it even more chic! I'm not applying as, I'm just waiting on approval from Stuytown but, if I wasn't his close, I'd throw my hat in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 02:02 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLNYC1 View Post
I've seen this build from scratch and, I am impressed! Stormgal, that neighborhood is changing dramatically! There will be some growing pains but, give it 2 years and that area will be a hotspot. The Arches, along with this and several other projects have given the BX a skyline. They aren't investing this much and, having it torn apart any time soon. This area was already named SOBRO a few years back, and this will make it even more chic! I'm not applying as, I'm just waiting on approval from Stuytown but, if I wasn't his close, I'd throw my hat in.
The building in and by itself is very nice. One of my friends lives in one of those luxury buildings in SoBro. He has beautiful amenities including a W/D in the apartment, high end appliances and even a balcony. For me, the most impressive is that he also has views to Jersey and all of Manhattan - believe it or not. It's extremely therapeutic looking out of his window and sitting with a glass of wine in the balcony. What I don't like is that as a person who lives alone, it would not behoove me to live in an area where crime is high - and crime is very high in that region.

Last edited by stormgal; 01-25-2022 at 02:12 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 02:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The building in and by itself is very nice. One of my friends lives in one of those luxury buildings in SoBro. He has beautiful amenities including a W/D in the apartment, high end appliances and even a balcony. For me, the most impressive is that has also has views to Jersey and all of Manhattan - believe it or not. It's extremely therapeutic looking out of his window and sitting with a glass of wine in the balcony. What I don't like is that as a person who lives alone, it would not behoove me to live in an area where crime is high - and crime is very high in that region.
I think that’s exactly why they are offering all those incentives….

Old 01-25-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I think that’s exactly why they are offering all those incentives….
If I were a single guy in my 20's I would definitely apply. But then again, I don't know what kind of neighbors this building will have. Bad behaviors coming from your own neighbors is a lot worse than from the neighborhood to be honest lol

Old 01-25-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
If I were a single guy in my 20's I would definitely apply. But then again, I don't know what kind of neighbors this building will have. Bad behaviors coming from your own neighbors is a lot worse than from the neighborhood to be honest lol
Don’t I know it, my old neighbor is apparently still wreaking havoc

Old 01-25-2022, 02:48 PM

585 posts, read 584,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperLynd View Post
Nice building! They are also not holding back on the incentives -"Enjoy the following one-time incentives: 2 months free; Security deposit waived; Amenity fees waived for 1 year**; $1,000 reimbursement towards moving expenses; $500 grocery store gift card." Makes one wonder ?? Goodluck to all who apply! I will pass on this one.
Neighborhood seems bad but I'll still move in building looks nice

Old 01-25-2022, 03:04 PM

239 posts, read 321,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Neighborhood seems bad but I'll still move in building looks nice
It seems bad, but, it is not really a residential area yet so, I don't think crime is an issue. This development is separated from the PJ's by the Bruckner Expwy. That area was a industrial zone with the Old Everlast and Zaro's factory in the neighborhood. There is not much public transportation in the area, so maybe a shuttle will be in place. Keep in mind this is only the 1st of I think 7 buildings! Not far from there is a Smokehouse BBQ, quite a few bars and, they even block off Alexander Ave for alfresco entertainment and, dining!

Old 01-25-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Don’t I know it, my old neighbor is apparently still wreaking havoc
Wow, did you finally get to move? That is great news!

Old 01-25-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Wow, did you finally get to move? That is great news!
Ages ago, I emailed HPD blasting management. Went from no response to response in less than two days

Old 01-25-2022, 06:52 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Port Morris is a decent part of The Bronx. The building is steps away from the Bx15 going into Manhattan. The drawback is coming IN from Manhattan, is a bit of a walk. Still a beautiful building. This area will be lit (in a good way) soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery