Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 01:36 PM

178 posts, read 243,631 times

Advertisements

Hi all, i noticed multiple threads where people mention higher AMI's seem to have more chance of getting called back. I have been undergoing the paperwork process for a building in Queens at the 100% AMI level; it's the highest income bracket for this particular project. My log number is high though in the 6*** but i do have CB preference as well as ME preference. I was surprised I got called honestly; the building has over 100 units but less than 10 units are 3 bedroom which is what i qualified for. At this point the building is almost ready for move in so we are just sitting tight waiting for a call that we can view a unit, but i know that although i have submitted and resubmitted docs (there have been delays in the building being completed) it doesn't mean we will even get an apartment. I guess i'm looking for some feedback on my chances. I am hopeful of course being that we went through all the hurdles of documents and still even will probably have to send more docs beginning of the new month; but i'm concerned how my high log number affects my chances even at this end stage. I look forward to any feedback/ encouragement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2022, 09:50 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,648,703 times
Good luck and good patience,

It’s not that you have a high log#, 6***. You need to ask yourself, How many log#s lower than 6*** ALSO have cb preference? Because if they are lower than 6*** and don’t have CB preference you are ahead of them as long as there are units with cb preference left to fill. Your 6*** log # has the power of a much lower log#. Then there a few Muni Employee preference units to fill. Even if you miss on those two preferences your log# might be low enough to prevail. You just have to wait and see.

Of course, just because there are ten log#s ahead of you with preferences and seeking the same sized unit and AMI% and meet all qualifications that does not mean ALL ten log#s will say YES to a unit. Anyone of them might reject a unit for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, we don’t get to see the details about the log#s ahead of us before or after preferences are accounted for. So, we don’t know how many of the lower log#s are seeking the same size unit as us, and at the same AMI % as unit. It’s frustrating, we all know.

Old 01-28-2022, 06:48 AM

178 posts, read 243,631 times
Thank you so much for responding and giving me some hope. You are right; I have to just be patient and remain positive. Maybe that's the lesson that comes with the blessing ha! I am thankful for both the CB and ME preference as if I didn't have that I doubt I'd even have gotten this far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: