Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 06:54 AM

30 posts, read 14,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Yes the building is already full they are making people waste time that majority of people who live here was moved from a family shelter that a mom friend told me her husband moved over 100 families into this building and the apartment I was suppose to get management accidentally let another family sign for it and told me they made a mistake and I couldn’t Appeal due to the lease being signed so they said I would be put in a waiting list until another apartment in my unit size to open up but it’s not worth it and it sucks because my daughter starts middle school soon and it would have been closer for her but now I have to wait and see
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprincess09 View Post
I was contacted to submit two rounds of documents.
Recently?

Old 09-05-2023, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I was contacted to submit two rounds of documents.
How recently?

Old 09-05-2023, 06:28 PM

253 posts, read 218,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayuchen View Post
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that
Yea it sucks but I think it was for a reason that I even had the money saved for when they asked that I’m like maybe it flopped because I kept saying I hate white appliances lol

Old 09-05-2023, 06:45 PM

26 posts, read 16,686 times
Quote:
How recently?

Two weeks ago first round of docs, last week they emailed for more documents with a deadline of September 4th and I sent them on the 1st

Old 09-07-2023, 03:57 PM

Went to tour the unit today and loved it. I have an appointment to sign affidavits and deliver the money order. Process seems to be moving quick and the floor I toured seemed pretty empty so I doubt the building is full yet. Hoping for the best.

Old 09-18-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Went to tour the unit today and loved it. I have an appointment to sign affidavits and deliver the money order. Process seems to be moving quick and the floor I toured seemed pretty empty so I doubt the building is full yet. Hoping for the best.
Oh great! Did you hear back from them? Only the 2 and 3 bedrooms are available right?

Old 09-18-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Oh great! Did you hear back from them? Only the 2 and 3 bedrooms are available right?
I received a follow up email last week that my file was being sent to the city and to anticipate 5 to 10 business days for approval. I know Thursday and Friday was a Jewish holiday so now I'm playing the waiting game. I toured a studio unit. It was perfect for one person.

Old 09-18-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I received a follow up email last week that my file was being sent to the city and to anticipate 5 to 10 business days for approval. I know Thursday and Friday was a Jewish holiday so now I'm playing the waiting game. I toured a studio unit. It was perfect for one person.
Glad to hear that! Let us know when you get it!

Old 09-19-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear that! Let us know when you get it!
Thank you so much, I was approved! I received the approval email with a date to come in to sign the lease. God is so good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: