Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 07:18 PM

26 posts, read 16,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayuchen View Post
My friend signed the lease for 2 bedroom last week! Her log was in 5xxx range no CB.
Yessss!! Congrats to your friend!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Do you know if your friend had a high log number or had cb preference cause I was told back in April they were out of 2 bedrooms and now I’m seeing this that I’m holding off from reporting the agency to hpd because I met all qualifications yet they were trying to squeeze me in a studio when I’m at 70% AMI with a daughter
I was told they only have 20 ami units all the the higher ami units are occupied by tenants
. I called on monday

Old 10-08-2023, 09:52 PM

253 posts, read 218,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLotterGuru View Post
I was told they only have 20 ami units all the the higher ami units are occupied by tenants
. I called on monday
This management lies alot when I was contacted back in like January they said barely any one was there when I went to view the apartment it seemed pretty active. The person who was keeping in contact with me she lied soo much through out the process because I called her out that the reason alot of people got waitlisted is because they accepted more than the amount they were suppose to when it came to taking those coming out the shelter. A friend of mine who’s husband worked in a shelter moved over 60-90 families in that building. When I told the lady who was the manager for that management she didn’t know how to deny it and the reason why she even reopened my application back was because I threatened to bring a legal team. Right now I’m waiting for hpd to get back on this that before signing the new Tic I made sure it said 2 bedrooms

Old 10-09-2023, 03:28 PM

26 posts, read 16,732 times
Been living here for a few weeks now it's been great. The location is convenient and most of the neighbors are polite.

That being said there a few things worth mentioning, one of the elevators already broke down, two of three laundry carts have been stolen from the laundry room, no one has the password for the common area wifi. I also had to get my own internet through a separate company because the free in unit internet the building offered has 'reached capacity'. Oh and this weekend the trash compactors remained locked. I don't know if they're broken or have been made unavailable because of the holiday weekend and the super is off duty but trash and recycling has piled up in the trash room. Oh and spotted lanternflies are everywhere but I hear they'll die off soon.

Besides that though, the building is nice and relatively clean. There is 24 hour security so packages are safe from theft. I'm happy and grateful for my new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: