Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2022, 09:24 AM

178 posts, read 247,067 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I just got an update from my agent so I wanted to share in case anyone is waiting on this project and is new to the site. I am new myself but have found it so helpful and calming to have "some" info and hear others journey; gives hope!
So my agent said although the building was delayed for move in towards end of March, the developer started contacted people to start viewing! For me in particular I am still waiting on that final HPD approval but my agent reassured me (which he has NOT done at all up until now lol) that my log number is good and that we can be hopeful that I will get a call. She said the developer waits for HPD approval first and then starts calling people based on lowest call log number. Pray for me ya'll! I am doing my best to stay hopeful that this is the end of the anxiety and hopefully the beginning of a new chapter for my kids and I!

Best wishes and good vibes your way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 09:43 AM

70 posts, read 93,266 times
Thank you for the update, I am also currently waiting for HPD approval its been about three weeks since my stuff has been sent over. My log number is in the double digits so hopefully they reach out to me soon. Wishing you luck..

Old 02-08-2022, 10:01 AM

Good luck acave123!! I think my application was sent to HPD about the same time frame. Hopefully we both get these approvals and calls soon

Old 02-09-2022, 07:45 AM

33 posts, read 30,258 times
@QueensMom02 Thank you for the update, and CONGRATS!! It is def always nice to hear these updates. If you don't mind me asking what was your log # to kind of get an idea. My log is #26XXX, I also have Community Board preference, and a city worker so I am really hopeful I will be contacted. Good luck to everyone

Old 02-09-2022, 08:09 AM

Hi Piscesx3! It's good that you have CB and ME (city employee) preference; def have a chance of being called so stay positive. My log number is 6XXX, which I thought was very high but apparently it's not; it all depends on the preferences we have (i have both just like you) and which AMI you are applying for (this building has 60% AMI units and 100% AMI units); i qualify for the 100% AMI units, not the 60% ones... so automatically any log number below me that qualifies for 60% AMI is not really in competition for a slot with me...I am "competing" with other 100% AMI log numbers... also number of bedrooms you want also is a factor... studios, 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms and 3 bedrooms... so anyone under me that is going for a different bedroom type also isn't competing with my log number. End of the day it really does feel like a lottery in that we have no idea how many people are trying for the same bedroom amount under the same AMI and same preferences as us. We have to just pray and stay positive. I really wish there were more projects that open up around the Queens area.... I feel most really are in Astoria/LIC and Jamaica... if we don't live in those zip codes we don't get that CB preference which clearly holds a lot of weight.

Good luck to you!

Old 02-09-2022, 10:13 AM

33 posts, read 30,258 times
@QueensMom03 Yesss!! I agree, I wish there was more lotteries as well. I am applying for the 60% AMI, When I pass by the building I did see people going in but I’m sure they’re workers because I heard it is delayed until March. I always stay positive, I am patiently waiting to receive something back from them. I do hope it’s this one since it’s one of the only ones I have both CB and ME. Thank you, good luck with everything!

Old 03-11-2022, 02:02 PM

7 posts, read 13,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensMom02 View Post
Hi everyone! I just got an update from my agent so I wanted to share in case anyone is waiting on this project and is new to the site. I am new myself but have found it so helpful and calming to have "some" info and hear others journey; gives hope!
So my agent said although the building was delayed for move in towards end of March, the developer started contacted people to start viewing! For me in particular I am still waiting on that final HPD approval but my agent reassured me (which he has NOT done at all up until now lol) that my log number is good and that we can be hopeful that I will get a call. She said the developer waits for HPD approval first and then starts calling people based on lowest call log number. Pray for me ya'll! I am doing my best to stay hopeful that this is the end of the anxiety and hopefully the beginning of a new chapter for my kids and I!

Best wishes and good vibes your way
I can so relate we are in the boat my log number is 67 I’m praying for all of us housing lottery + anxiety I a heck of a mix but God is good what’s for us is for us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: