Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 09:13 PM

246 posts, read 234,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
Guess we are competing for the two 1BRs then, but I wish you luck regardless! I'm also interested in Centennial, which is a bit better financially, but I like 30th Dr. more from just seeing the photos... Did you apply to that one also? It's like torture waiting for these logs! Hopefully it won't be too long though since the lotteries are so small.
Haha yes, I did apply to that one as well! Wish you luck, too

Last edited by lenoxhill_cat; 04-06-2022 at 10:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 07:09 AM

214 posts, read 219,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
Haha yes, I did apply to that one as well! Wish you luck, too
Hopefully we'll find out soon! Would you accept a studio or only a 1BR for 30th Dr.? I debated the studio, but if you look at the floor plan, it's ABSURDLY small. I mean, you'd think with a studio since you don't have a separate living and bedroom area that the combined space would be a little bigger than or at least equal to just the living room itself of the 1BR, but it's not. The combined space is actually like 45 sqft. LESS than just the living room of the 1BR. The combined space for the studio is only 151 sqft. Just waaaaay too small.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:44 AM

175 posts, read 176,824 times
Quote:
Hopefully we'll find out soon! Would you accept a studio or only a 1BR for 30th Dr.? I debated the studio, but if you look at the floor plan, it's ABSURDLY small. I mean, you'd think with a studio since you don't have a separate living and bedroom area that the combined space would be a little bigger than or at least equal to just the living room itself of the 1BR, but it's not. The combined space is actually like 45 sqft. LESS than just the living room of the 1BR. The combined space for the studio is only 151 sqft. Just waaaaay too small.
Yes! I am seeing more and more of these tiny studios! I feel like these landlords are trying to see who will pay the most for the smallest space LOL makes no sense.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp27 View Post
Yes! I am seeing more and more of these tiny studios! I feel like these landlords are trying to see who will pay the most for the smallest space LOL makes no sense.
Well, it ain't gonna be me I mean, 151 sqft for your entire living space is just unworkable! I would love to get one of the 1BRs (there are two), but since I'm in a 1BR currently and in a pretty good situation overall, it would be insane for me to downgrade to that tiny studio -- which, by the way, is actually more money than my current 1BR in Astoria despite it being "affordable."

Old 04-07-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Well, it ain't gonna be me I mean, 151 sqft for your entire living space is just unworkable! I would love to get one of the 1BRs (there are two), but since I'm in a 1BR currently and in a pretty good situation overall, it would be insane for me to downgrade to that tiny studio -- which, by the way, is actually more money than my current 1BR in Astoria despite it being "affordable."
I don’t blame you, that’s extremely small for any person! They could have just combined that studio with the apt next door and made that space bigger lol. Good luck though, may the odds be ever in your favor for that 1 BR!! Hopefully the logs are assigned soon.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I don’t blame you, that’s extremely small for any person! They could have just combined that studio with the apt next door and made that space bigger lol. Good luck though, may the odds be ever in your favor for that 1 BR!! Hopefully the logs are assigned soon.
Yeah, that's just way too small to even be livable. And thank you! Did you apply to this one also? I'm trying to figure out what my actual odds are since there are only a couple apartments available, yet it doesn't seem like all that many people applied just by the lack of responses in here, so maybe there's a chance, who knows.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's just way too small to even be livable. And thank you! Did you apply to this one also? I'm trying to figure out what my actual odds are since there are only a couple apartments available, yet it doesn't seem like all that many people applied just by the lack of responses in here, so maybe there's a chance, who knows.
I did apply to this one but I am on the fence because I am not that familiar with the area. I prefer to stay in Brooklyn, there’s a few lotteries I am in the CB for so waiting on those. But you’re right I don’t think a lot of people applied so it may work out for you.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I did apply to this one but I am on the fence because I am not that familiar with the area. I prefer to stay in Brooklyn, there’s a few lotteries I am in the CB for so waiting on those. But you’re right I don’t think a lot of people applied so it may work out for you.
Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I applied to one or two in BK, but I've been in Astoria for 20 years, so I'd prefer to stay there. This one isn't close to the train, but it's close to the ferry, which is what I take to work, so it would be great for me. I think the only BK one I have active right now is Otto, but I'd pass on it. I hope you get whichever you prefer!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I applied to one or two in BK, but I've been in Astoria for 20 years, so I'd prefer to stay there. This one isn't close to the train, but it's close to the ferry, which is what I take to work, so it would be great for me. I think the only BK one I have active right now is Otto, but I'd pass on it. I hope you get whichever you prefer!
Thanks you too!!

Old 04-07-2022, 10:47 AM

246 posts, read 234,711 times
Quote:
A 1br, of course, and I agree with you. The studio is WAYYYY small and this housing is my least favorite anyway. I probably turn it down if they're going to offer me a studio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: