Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 08:52 AM

36 posts, read 15,537 times

Advertisements

Ok, thank you for being so hopeful for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 12:01 PM

33 posts, read 18,311 times
okay, so just an update ...

I submitted the TIC form the other day, Reside uploaded my file onto HC portal, and this morning, I was told I got approved by HPD!!!! They asked if May 1st move in was good and I told them yes, so now I'm just waiting for the rest of the paperwork.

Old 03-31-2022, 12:33 PM

Congrats!! I’m so happy for you. I still haven’t heard anything back. Still have some hope, but starting to accept the reality.

Old 03-31-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley3221 View Post
Congrats!! I’m so happy for you. I still haven’t heard anything back. Still have some hope, but starting to accept the reality.
Thank you so much! The lotto for it is still open, though so the lease up isn't complete; there's still some hope. I honestly didn't think they were gonna go forward w/ my application b/c it seemed as if so many other ppl were interested, and the agent was saying there were ppl there w/ lower log #s. Do they put ppl on the waiting list if there are no more units but have reached their log?

Old 03-31-2022, 12:49 PM

I have no idea if there is a waiting list, but I’m assuming if they didn’t have enough people that want to move forward with lower log numbers, they would have contacted me by now, but who knows! If I hear anything else, I’ll definitely let you know! If they do end up calling me, I’ll be so happy!

Old 03-31-2022, 05:28 PM

Hey Nicole. I emailed for an update earlier today and didn’t get a reply. Now I’m hoping maybe they’re just going through paper work? But I also figure since you already got approved, I might just be sitting on the back burner in case someone else gets denied or backs out for some reason. Do you mind sharing with me a timeline of when they contacted you since the showing? I saw the apartment on Thursday, and then on Tuesday afternoon I was emailed asking for a few documents that weren’t originally on the list, which I sent immediately, and that’s when I was told that they are waiting on paper work and decisions of log numbers before me before they could tell me whether or not there will be an available unit. Haven’t heard anything since. Did they ask you for other documents/verifications of anything first or did they just send the TIC form right after the showing? I’m pretty sure that form is the last step before sending for approval to HPD. Sorry if I’m annoying lol. Losing hope and then gaining hope, don’t know what to think! Really do feel like I won’t get it though because I can’t see so many people turning it down and I was told there were at least 6 people ahead of me and only three 2 BRs!

Old 04-01-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Hey Nicole. I emailed for an update earlier today and didn’t get a reply. Now I’m hoping maybe they’re just going through paper work? But I also figure since you already got approved, I might just be sitting on the back burner in case someone else gets denied or backs out for some reason. Do you mind sharing with me a timeline of when they contacted you since the showing? I saw the apartment on Thursday, and then on Tuesday afternoon I was emailed asking for a few documents that weren’t originally on the list, which I sent immediately, and that’s when I was told that they are waiting on paper work and decisions of log numbers before me before they could tell me whether or not there will be an available unit. Haven’t heard anything since. Did they ask you for other documents/verifications of anything first or did they just send the TIC form right after the showing? I’m pretty sure that form is the last step before sending for approval to HPD. Sorry if I’m annoying lol. Losing hope and then gaining hope, don’t know what to think! Really do feel like I won’t get it though because I can’t see so many people turning it down and I was told there were at least 6 people ahead of me and only three 2 BRs!
Hey babe! So we went to view the apts & that same evening, I text the agent that I was interested in the apt & gave her my preference. The next day (3/25) I was contacted asking me to submit more docx (bank statements, CashApp, Venmo, etc & retirement statements if any). That following Monday (3/28), I recv’d an email asking if I had any other preference (I only chose 1 LOL), and I told her no but I was willing to be waitlisted until my preference became available or something similar in size or bigger. Next thing I know, I’m getting a follow up email stating my preference was indeed available and asking if I wanted to proceed (in which I did). Tuesday (3/29), she sent me the TIC document to sign & on Wednesday (3/30) afternoon (it says at 4p) it was uploaded into the HC system. And, yesterday is when I recv’d notification that my file was approved by HPD & that I had gotten the apt & was asked if I was okay w/ a May 1st move in date & if I preferred a one or two year lease. Overall, the process was pretty quick. If everyone in that batch was contacted & did everything as quickly as I did (IF they even did it), then they should be able to tell you something by next week.

Old 04-01-2022, 09:43 AM

Thank you! Yeah, so on Tuesday, several days after the showing, is when I was asked to submit those same docs you mentioned and haven’t heard a word since except that they were waiting for lower log numbers to submit docs and make a decision ugh! So I guess you got the apt that had only one unit available for that layout! You must be so happy!!

Old 04-01-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Yeah, so on Tuesday, several days after the showing, is when I was asked to submit those same docs you mentioned and haven’t heard a word since except that they were waiting for lower log numbers to submit docs and make a decision ugh! So I guess you got the apt that had only one unit available for that layout! You must be so happy!!
Yeah, if they asked you to submit the same docx, I'm thinking you still may have a chance. When I say I was sooooo happy! All of the layouts were nice, but those other layouts were small, and I'm like listen, I'm not desperate, so I'm willing to wait for the bigger layout - ESP if I'm going to be paying that type of price for rent, you know? And, it's crazy b/c I remember when I first started looking at the building, I remember seeing another layout that was even bigger than the ones they showed us! But, I'm also not surprised that, that layout was no longer available...it was similar to the 2 bdrm.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:07 PM

9 posts, read 4,048 times
Hey guys,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: